Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

1. Nightmode and dotted layout

I'm in love with drawboard, but I'm missing two pagestyles in particular.
    First: A dotted page layout.
    Offline I'm only working with a .5 dotted layout as for me it combines the advantages of a clear page and gridlines.
    Second: A 'nightmode'.
    White dots/gridlines on a black background would fit at least my working environment way more.

Thanks für your great work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drawboard on Android tablets

It would be of great usage to use drawboard on an Android tablet. Because I use my tablet for notes and not my computer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Snapshot selected area, copy/paste/cut.

Hi I really love almost everything about drawboard, however Im using snapshot abilities in order to make it much easier in school work. From comments in many places I see a great demand fro it. I truly do not understand why you keep insisting on telling people to use the windows snip tool, you are literally forcing so many people into choosing different apps.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Free rotation.

A great feature to have especially when using the pen. The ability to freely rotate pages when editing instead of rotating the whole device. I would be great for annotating readings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open 2 Instances of Drawboard

I want to review 2 documents at the same time, and sometimes on separate screens (when I'm in the office). Is there a way to open more than once instance of Drawboard PDF at a time? If not, there should be. It would be such a useful feature to be able to have multiple PDFs open either on separate screens or split screened so I can reference 2 (or more) sheets at the same time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Creating link to a website

I would like to be able to create a clickable link to a website. For example linking a website to a drawn square. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sheet style

Never hesitate to call us for outstanding SilverSingles Customer Service. We have full capabilities to resolve all kinds of common or rare dating issues.

Dating industry continuously witnesses the services of new players with phenomenal assistance. Most of them always find it difficult to secure the respected place among genuine singles. As a matter of fact, perfectionists always prefer the services of top service provider. Consequently, they incline towards the professionalism of SilverSingles. If, you are facing any kind of problem with the dating services of this extremely prevalent dating portal then call us for impeccable SilverSingles Customer Service

https://www.dating-guideus.com/silversingles-customer-service/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts Menu

A Settings screen to modify keyboard shortcuts. Would give the application a bit more professionalism too, as a workflow can be adopted by the user that they are used to from other applications.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Read Aloud function

Please add a "read aloud" function.
    In addition, it would be great if such a function would not interfere with the reader's ability to annotate while the text is being "read aloud", as is already possible in the ios "Pdf Expert" app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make 'reduce file size' default

Is there any particular reason why 'reduce file size' isn't the default method for saving all files? I can't tell any difference between saving files this way and the regular save, other than the file size. Having to select 'Save as (advanced)' every time is cumbersome because it brings up the Windows 'Save as' dialog even for already existing files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Calligraphy pen stroke

It would be great if there was a choice of pens strokes emulating fountain pens for calligraphy. To get an idea of what I mean, this can be found for example in Scrble Ink. Maybe even other options such as pencils and brushes would be great. Thanks!

It seems there was some previous interest in this:
    https://drawboard.uservoice.com/forums/251835-features/suggestions/10778508--variety-is-the-spice-of-life

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integrating annotation

In some other write on PDF apps, pen annotation is integrated with the document. It is not treated as an Adobe comment element. It becomes part of the document, and cannot be altered or removed.

In our beloved Drawboard PDF, pen annotations are treated as Adobe comment element when opened in Adobe readers. Comment elements can be removed or commented on and so one, which can be undesirable sometimes.

It would be nice if Drawboard can add the integration feature as an option for the user to select.

In the attached file, you will find annotation written using another app…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Extract pages into a new PDF

I would like to EXTRACT pages from a PDF and save them as a new PDF.

For example, I have a 581-page environmental assessment. I only need the section on installation, which is ~2 pages.

Can we have an easier way to save just page 291-292 as a separate PDF, instead of (1) save the file as something else, (2) delete pages 1 - 290, (3) delete pages 293 - 581.

I do respect that this functionality is already available via the save as - delete process I mentioned, but this is a request for an "extract pages" feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sending files to open automatically on other device

I am working usually with at least two devices. I get emails with my desktop PC or notebook. I then want to read and markup attachments. Currently I have to save attachment to a cloud service then pickup my surface device and open the file. I then make changes, save again to cloud, then go back to my other device, and then attach the file from the cloud to my reply email. It would be much more convenient to actually be able to send a file to a remote device where it opens automatically when I pick up that device…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Identify and delete duplicate pages

Large files often have duplicate pages in them. It would be great to be able to automatically remove them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Right-click to copy and paste

I have been looking for a good pdf annotator for a long time now as Onenote just does not work well with PDF's. I have stumbled accross drawboard pdf, and it truly has a lot of features and is great to use. But I found 1 thing that was missing and that is simple copy and paste ability without needing to use a keyboard. It would be great if there was a right click menu that you can bring up for a selection that lets you copy and paste the selected items. Also, allowing this menu would allow for precise…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Erase the stroke once the stylus touches the screen

As a Chinese and Japanese user, using the eraser can be rather frustrating. Since Chinese and Japanese characters have more strokes than Latin ones, the green highlight can easliy fraud me into that every stroke has been removed while it actually hasn't. Please consider improve the eraser tool ( to be more like the one in OneNote ). Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can I copy annotations from one PDF file and then Paste it another PDF file.

Can I copy annotations from one PDF file and then Paste it another PDF file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pen changing with surface dial

It would be great if I can change favorable pens by using surface dial.
    I don't know it's possible to change width of pens. It's a PDF program not drawing tool.
    Please please. Please add this feature!!!!!!!!😊😁😢😉😎😜🤞🙌

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Translate the selecting word or sentense

When I select a word or a sentence, it will be very useful if the the translation function added to the pop-up menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base