Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

Please tell us your great ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Multiple istances of Drawboard

It's interesting also to add the possibility to have more than one istance of drawboard per time! for instance reading multiple pdfs per time like microsft pdf reader.

744 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

168 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

I have been overwhelmed by the response from this. So many of you have got back to me and given me some great feedback on what you need from this feature.

We have so much great feedback to take to the table to get this feature up and running. We appreciate the patience with this feature.

It is going to take a lot of planning and work over a few months but we are hoping we can deliver something that will be an awesome experience for all of you!

Best Regards

Mitch
    Drawboard PDF Product Manager

2. Add mode of eraser to erase only spot that you touch and selective size of eraser.

For drawing, it's very worst to erase whole line of ink in one touch. I think it's perfect if eraser can erase like a real thing (like OneNote in MS app store).

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto cropping page margines

It will be nice if drawboard shows a page after automatically cropping the page margine of the page to show the page as large as possible. See pdf viewer on android platform

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Favorite custom shapes

Hi dev team! Could there be a feature to favorite a custom shape or combination of shapes/lines? Or can we get more standard shapes included? I'm thinking Xs and check marks specifically

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  60 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rearrange pdf

With the new beta, it's possible to open as many pdf documents as I desire. However once the documents are open, I couldn't figure out any method to re-arrange their order.

This is a fairly standard operation in most other tabbed pdf readers and would definitely help my use case with drawboard (i.e. music play list annotation).

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyboard Shortcuts Menu

A Settings screen to modify keyboard shortcuts. Would give the application a bit more professionalism too, as a workflow can be adopted by the user that they are used to from other applications.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. E-mail "clean" version

Is it already possible, or is it possible to implement a feature, to e-mail a clean version of a pdf, without having to erase all my handwritten notes? I don't want to save multiple documents and sometimes I want to e-mail a document that I have been annotating without the recipient being able to see my markings.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make mouse act like touch instead of pen

I almost never want to draw with my mouse, but that is what I end up doing a lot when I want to pan. If the mouse acted like touch then it would always pan (unless I turned annotate with touch on).

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support hyperlinks to other documents (or within doc)

When working with large collections of documents, it's common to have a PDF index that is hyperlinked, so that clicking on the entry in the index opens the appropriate document. This is supported in Adobe Reader (though it does not seem to work in the touch version, only desktop) but not Drawboard. Any chance of adding that support?

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Typing mathematics equations on pdf

At the moment, you cannot TYPE math equation on the pdf. Not even subscripts or superscripts. This restricts math annotation to handwriting, which is not good enough. Engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and others are dying for this feature in ANY pdf editor/annotator. May be get Microsoft equation editor as an add-in in Drawboard? If done, Drawboard will literally overtake Apple :)

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. page number

use pdf files own page numbers. I.e. if you have a pdf book or similar with 3 pages pretext and then pages with numbers you will go to page X of the book instead of just page number X of the pdf file.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search Annotations

I use Drawboard to take class notes, and often make extensive annotations to the PDF files. If there is a way to search the document AS WELL as my annotations that would help extensively. Currently, the search feature only searches the document.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Paste

I understand that the keyboard way of pasting is ctrl+v and that works great. However, when I'm teaching a class I use Drawboard with my Microsoft notebook in tablet mode (so the keyboard is not accessible). How can I paste without using the keyboard? It would be really nice if a right click of the mouse would bring up an option to pasted. Thanks!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. One touch 'next page' in tablet mode. Great when playing piano.

Presently the quickest way to 'turn a page' is to press the space bar. But in tablet mode (I have a surface book) the on screen keyboard obscures the PDF and when you resize the PDF it goes back to default size the very next page. Solution: create a moveable hot spot for 'next page'. Must be moveable to cater for portrait/landscape. FYI pianist like a hot spot low RHS. If not moveable you could have 4 hotspots - one in each corner.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add favorite tools (star) to surface dial.

Add favorite tools (star) to surface dial, inside allow shifting through favorite tools.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to change font of text inserted.

I would like to be able to change the font of my inserted text with any of the fonts I already have installed on my computer.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Snap to grid and incremental snap distances.

As an Architect, I would love the ability to have lines I sketch snap onto a rectilinear grid, have lines snap to a specific incremental distance and the ability to set a drawing scale even if the scale is only in Drawboard not the PDF. Layers would be a really nice addition too.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Middle mouse button as a pan tool

Pretty much every other program in existence automatically scrolls the page using middle mouse button. In Drawboard, it just mirrors everything that is done by the left mouse button, rendering it completely useless...

Middle mouse button should work as a pan tool.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Fill with colour" option for inked shapes

Hi, I am a teacher using Drawboard to annotate my class notes so that students can access them later.

I teach math, and often find myself drawing shapes, e.g. the Spades symbol, repeatedly. I would like some of these shapes to be filled, but doing this manually with my stylus takes time, and it is difficult to make sure that they get entirely filled.

I would love an MS Paint style "Fill with colour" option (Paint bucket) for inked shapes in Drawboard. This would make it possible for me to quickly create these shapes by inking an outline with my…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base