Please tell us your great ideas

E-mail "clean" version

Is it already possible, or is it possible to implement a feature, to e-mail a clean version of a pdf, without having to erase all my handwritten notes? I don't want to save multiple documents and sometimes I want to e-mail a document that I have been annotating without the recipient being able to see my markings.

65 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ClaesL shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • sebke CCU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually I noticed that when you use the Search function of drawboard, you can select all the pages that have markups in it.
    That means that there is already a function existing that detects those pages.
    If this function is implemented as part of the "Print dialog" then we could print to PDF (therefore actually exporting it)
    Right now the Print Dialog offers 'Document only' and 'Annotations' -> Here we would need a third option 'Annotations Pages only' that uses the markup search function

So it is not only exporting annotated but also printing those pages.

Genarlly we require a way not to read or print the whole document, because many sections are not needed to be learned for an exam, but those with markers or annotations on them are important!

• Sébastien Bo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really great for creating summaries before a big exam or test (you don't want to read section of the PDF that are not marked or annotated

I was wondering if it is possible to show or print only pages on which we make annotations?
    Now I need to search each page of a book, and print each page sepepratly.
    This is needed for printing summaries (only containing pages with annotations is important during exams)

• TooMuchTech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to filter pages that have markup. I'd like to be able to press a button and just see pages I've written on. I'm working with long documents (over 100 pages) and manually eyeballing it is a real pain. I tried bookmarking, but when I go to a bookmark the page is fully zoomed out, so it's a workflow killer (I'll post a separate bug report).

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too!! I would like to export all pages with ALL annotations. (Not just those made with a pen)

• nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example you could import a pdf of a sketch you made, then you could use drawboard to trace over your drawing and make it digital and then be able to just export the digital copy without the drawn copy in the background

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to email a summary of changes and highlights. PDF Expert for iPad does this and it is helpful. So, I can email the document and a summary of highlights or underlines. This is helpful in my legal career. Thank you. Dustin K. Hunter. Dhunter@kraftandhunter.com

I would like the ability to email a summary of changes and highlights. PDF Expert for iPad does this and it is helpful. So, I can email the document and a summary of highlights or underlines. This is helpful in my legal career. Thank you. Dustin K. Hunter. Dhunter@kraftandhunter.com

• L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to save to a new PDF or print only the pages of a document which have annotations made with a pen.

• 1365jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to save to new file only pages which have handwritten markups, and not the entire original PDF.

Feedback and Knowledge Base