Please tell us your great ideas

Typing mathematics equations on pdf

At the moment, you cannot TYPE math equation on the pdf. Not even subscripts or superscripts. This restricts math annotation to handwriting, which is not good enough. Engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and others are dying for this feature in ANY pdf editor/annotator. May be get Microsoft equation editor as an add-in in Drawboard? If done, Drawboard will literally overtake Apple :)

56 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kwabena God shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps you could allow drawboard to work smoothly with efofex to allow for math/chemistry graphics and equations to be easily copied and pasted into one another

• Michelle Zheng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I teach electrical engineering and use drawboard regularly to prepare materials for class. I would use such a feature heavily.

Yes! I have suggested a similar approach to DrawBoard's fiercest competitors. I would opt for the integration of a common rendering engine, MathJax, into the PDF reader to display mathematical content in the annotations.
    The only PDF reader coming close to a working solution is Okular, a document viewer developed by KDE, it allows the rendering of basic latex expressions in annotations.
    Please consider integrating an option to render equations in comments with MathJax in a similar way. I am sure that it would boast DrawBoard's popularity in the scientific communities and among students.

Please I want to be able to do subscripts and superscripts basically regular math. Please, Help!

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I need subscript and superscript for Chemistry!
    Side note, need to include a draw to shape feature as well

• Lorenzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

insert the option to change text font and insert the mathematical formula converter like One note to trasnform math note in math[cambriamath] note

• Philipp Schloyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the option to insert a coordinate system (linear, logarithmic, double logarithmic and custom) to a page.
    Also the possibility to add a table would be very nice with features like editing the thickness of specific lines of the table or setting the outline or color and stuff.

• Hashmat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the option under 'shapes', it would be nice to add the option of drawing a curve. One can then modify its steepness, height, length etc. I often have to draw mathematical functions so this would be a nice addition. Or maybe we could possibly add graphs by inputting a function. Or if that is too advanced, then maybe just add a box with grid lines so it is easier to draw graphs.

Please add a feature so you can set an angle between two lines. Also different kinds of lines would be useful, e.g. dotted lines and dashed lines.

• Annamaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Broken line or dotted line tool in addition to the solid line that can already be drawn in Drawboard would be a useful tool in graphing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base