Please tell us your great ideas

Improve the use of notes with touch screen

Right now it's difficult to use Drawboard without a mouse or a Surface Pen.
The most important feature I see that is not touch friendly is note taking.
First, when you double tap a word and it's selected, the bar that appears on the bottom on the screen should have a NOTE option. Also, when there is a note over text, it doesn't show an icon or underline or anything to know that is a note and not a usual highlight.
You should add the behavior of the READER app from Windows 8. It highlights the text and adds a marker at the beginning of the note so you can tell that's a note. It was the best one I had ever tried on a device with touch screen. Now i have a Surface, Drawboard is the best option to use the Surface Pen but for tablets without a pen it's not the best option.

This feature also should be free so the app gains popularity in basic use.

Please, take a look at the Windows 8 Reader app (it's in the Windows Store) because it will bring to Drawboard what it leaks for general use.

63 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Samuel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very annoying that i need to switch tools and press on each and every note then press again on the pop-up menu to view my notes.

• Zhong Qi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is especially needed when it comes out that you want to write math formulas or draw some graphs on a book with narrow margins. If it can't be fitted in pdf format, consider adding appendix file to store the handwritten note, I think it would be ok even it could only be viewed through drawboard.

Being able to scan through markups is useful if the markup is visual, like highlighting or pen.

It is not useful to see that I have created a note without seeing what the note text is.

Please show the content of a note in the markup window.

• JJ Zhu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, I have to switch to selection tool to select a note, then click the note in the menu, even with the 'select annotations with any tool' enabled. Please consider allowing to open pop-up/sticky notes :)

I want create a Quick Note but click a shortcut on Start Menu / Action Center ... with specified Document information (Size, Orientation, Page Style...).

Eachtime the Quick Note action Pressed, a new document will be created within Pinned Folder, and that document will be autosave on that folder

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if this was not possible consider at least an option to increase the paper size to get additional space to the left or to the right of the paper

Some ideas suggestions:
    Smaller, standardized icon (e.g. yellow sticky). Current icon too large, covers up text.
    Preview content on hoverover
    Notes browser/Index -- to see all of your notes
    "Insert note" option when text selected. The note will be defaulted to margin, perhaps with dotted lines to selected text (similar to how Comments work in Microsoft Word)

• Zelda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does NOT work. Note is there, but I cannot open it, and neither can the person at the other end who needs to read it. Is there support out there for this program, or are awe on our own with nothing but guesses????

• Samuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you have a lot of notes (in note icons) its hard to take track of all of them because you have to select it and then press "open note".

It should work like this: you press the icon. The note opens but also the options bar appears where it's appearing now. Also don't make the background dark, the notes are complementary to the text. Also the pop up window should appear centered horizontally but at the height of the note icon you just opened. It would be awesome if you added an animation.

This will make easier studying and will encourage more people to use Drawboard to take notes without a Surface Pen.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a preview of a comment/sticky note pop up when hovering the pen or mouse over the icon (as it works in Adobe). The current process for looking at the content of a comment is very cumbersome (select the item selection tool, tap/click on the sticky note icon, then tap/click the "Note*" option in the semi-transparent menu that comes up).

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's inconvenient now to see the notes in the latest version, please add the feature to quick glance the note when finger click on the note label.
    and make the note edit window movable because users sometimes wanna refer to the text content of the file when editing the notes. the unmovable editing window will cover the text content.
    Thanks!

Just added another idea to avoid the virtual keyboard automatically poping up every time you review a note. Your idea is even better!

Use mouse over to automatically read inserted notes, with option to open - edit - cut/copy/paste from/into note

• Silvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The insert note feature is good, but i could really use the same feature but with the possibilitly to handwrite or draw inthem.
    You may ask why. The reason is, i mostly use it for my studies and some of the professers have very busy pdf's so there's not much space to write notes. But most of my notes would be graphs to draw or mathematical formulas, which aren't nice to write with the keyboard. So to be able to fast create some whitespace to handwrite would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base