Please tell us your great ideas

Paste

I understand that the keyboard way of pasting is ctrl+v and that works great. However, when I'm teaching a class I use Drawboard with my Microsoft notebook in tablet mode (so the keyboard is not accessible). How can I paste without using the keyboard? It would be really nice if a right click of the mouse would bring up an option to pasted. Thanks!

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TheDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is something I would greatly appreciate being added, I'm probably going to wear out my keyboard connecting and disconnecting so much to paste stuff lol.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i use GestureSign with a Gesture for Ctrl-V etc. also for other Shortcuts like copy, open bookmarks, switching tabs. It's great!

• Alessandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Paste object from external is very important. For me the feature would be implemented in "insert" ... "paste"

• Kate Siraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to do this too. I am trialling the app to take notes during my client consultations. I use the PC in tablet mode without the keyboard to take notes like it were a piece of paper. I used to use NotesPlus with an iPad and it was very easy to cut and paste in that app. Without a keyboard, I can't find a way to copy and paste in this app.

• Kate Siraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I missing something? With a sophisticated app like this, how come I can't work out how to copy and paste in tablet mode. Please can someone let me know how to do it? Thanks!

• scotto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great. This is a much needed feature, and I look forward to seeing it implemented.

But I don't understand Mitch's request for a use case. The original post gives one, as have others. The use case is just that you don't have a keyboard and you want to cut and paste.

• Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was looking to see if this was implemented because I barely have my keyboard connected.

Hoping to see this soon. (is it in the dial?)

• scotto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just noticed that the Ctrl-V image paste has been implemented. It's nice, and an improvement, but also a bit ironic -- on a touch and stylus based app, there's no way to paste without a keyboard.

I'm sure that people with Surface-like gadgets use Drawboard with the keyboard either folded behind the screen or totally removed, making getting to 'ctrl-v' a very cumbersome, many-step process.

At a minimum, "paste from clipboard" should be on the radial menu thing, on the insert menu, next to 'camera' and 'file'. And it should b e possible to add it to the favorites bar.

Ideally, though, there would be a way to do this without those things too -- a long touch press, as can be done similarly, in OneNote and many other touch-based programs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base