Please tell us your great ideas

Keyboard Shortcuts Menu

A Settings screen to modify keyboard shortcuts. Would give the application a bit more professionalism too, as a workflow can be adopted by the user that they are used to from other applications.

66 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ulas Ozkurede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so easy to add in terms of programming, but it will make a HUGE difference in viewing experience for me and I believe for others.

Could you just add 3 more keyboard shortcuts:
    1. Zoom to 100%
    2. Zoom to Width
    3. Zoom to Height.

That's it,

Thanks a lot.

Ulas Ozkurede
    University of Michigan

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really good idea.
    I have now a document with 1500 pages where I have to delete at least 500...
    This will be fun ^^

• Amir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    I currently take my notes using drawboard. However, I don't always have enough space to do that so I insert blank pages in my notes documents. This action takes a long time so it would be handy if it could be done quicker!
    One way is to assign a shortcut to it!
    Another way could be to give the user the ability to assign shortcuts to any hotkey or even add it to the favourites bar.
    Just some ideas. Great app overall tho. Love it <3

I find it hard to believe there is no shortcut key to rotate documents! That is a fundamental operation. The only way I see to do it currently is thru a series of menu selections. Bonus: you have to manually select the number of pages to rotate. Not cool. There should be a simple keystroke to rotate ALL pages (which is going to be the typical operation).

• Ben Lakhoune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
    I am using drawboard pdf with a pen (wacom pad) and I think it would be great if I could be switching between a pen and the eraser, for example, with one key (for example ctrl+s)

• Nuno Amado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to customize keyboard shortcuts for the favorite tools, like Foxit Reader does (for example).

• Matthew Sigal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that my idea was merged into this one. However, there is a slight difference - I do not want the shortcut in the favourites bar (which I keep hidden during lectures) -- I want it on the radial dial.
    Optimally, it would be added to both (and given a keyboard shortcut) but I just wanted to point out that this merge isn't perfectly suited.

• Matthew Sigal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love that we now have the Insert Page functionality, but it is buried in the side bar menu and involved numerous clicks to get at.

I want to use Drawboard for lectures, which means I want my screen to be as clean as possible - I run Drawboard in full screen, with all toolbars and extraneous information hidden, except for the radial dial button. Often I will want to add a blank slide inbetween slides to draw or write something out for the students and this process is currently fairly cumbersome.

As such, it would be great if we could have a shortcut on the radial dial (probably under the "Add" section, which has numerous empty slots at the moment) to "Add a blank page after this page".

Best,
    Matt

• Ying-Yuan Huang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add a hotkey for "hide and show annotations"?
    It needs at least 4 mouse clicks now to toggle it, which takes a lot of time. It is very important when making a screenshot of the original document.

Thank you!

• Balazs Szakmary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drawboard is very user-unfriendly to people with a keyboard and no touchscreen. Implementing the standard Windows shortcuts (ESC, CTRL+F4, etc.) would make the UX much better.

May be ESC? ESC to open menu, ESC again to close.
    I think being able to do this is much easier that trying to press the small hamburger icon. So may be this would improve UX for keyboard users.

• ANIS MALLEK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it will be easier to be able to add a shortcut for adding new blank pages , because while taking note on a PDF as a student in university, it's very annoying to have to open the taskbar to add a new page for notes (because often, my notes don't fit to one page, so i have to have a new page under it)

just a shortcut in the taskbar to add a blank page, like for pencils or other tools...

(sorry for my english hope that was clear)

great app guys...
    A.M

• Dan Morrissey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. At the moment to delete a page it's a 4+ click process through the page manipulation menu. A shortcut to delete the currently displayed page would be incredibly helpful. For work, I often have to delete blank pages from PDFs because of the way our system generates them and this would make it loads less fiddly.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base