Please tell us your great ideas

Add mode of eraser to erase only spot that you touch and selective size of eraser.

For drawing, it's very worst to erase whole line of ink in one touch. I think it's perfect if eraser can erase like a real thing (like OneNote in MS app store).

285 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Flamedramon Nattawut Phanphongphiphat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zezillia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix that problem, it is really annoying to only erase a whole line and not just a small piece of that line or a dot etc. Thank you

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm trying to figure out how to create an eraser command shortcut with my tablet pen. Any suggestions?

Are you serious? I can't use the eraser as an eraser and just wipe out part of what I've written? Surely I'm misunderstanding a simple setting? What is the point of this product otherwise that seem rather great?

I use DrawBoard PDF to do my engineering homework. The option to have a partial eraser instead of a full-stroke eraser would be AMAZINGLY helpful. As one small example I end up drawing dozens of triangles using the protractor, but unless I am very careful I end up with sloppy ends. If I could just erase that little end instead of re-drawing the entire thing that would be amazing.

I agree too. I will use the pro version when you add this important erase feature. Without it this app has very small value.

• chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this request. I pay the pro vig for the year and we should have ability to erase portions of a line in this app.

Thank you
    Chris

• Mathis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an engineer and I mark up and create prototype drawings for customers. Sometime I make a mistake or the customers asks for me to modify the drawing in meetings. but I end up having to delete the entire line when I only want to erase part of the line to clean it up. so what i do is cheat and use the white pen on white paper. but this will not work when marking an existing PDF...

I see this was suggested from 2014; more than 3 years ago of me writing this today, but I hope there is a group looking more into this it seems like a feature many users would love. I really love this app and would like to remain loyal to a good product, but the lack of an eraser like that will force me else were. I hope this can be done! Thanks, Drawboard.

-Mathis

• AlobaidM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    Does Drawboard supports the surface pen eraser? I tried many PDF software and they register its input as drawing not erasing. If it does thank you and that will make it worth to me.
    Sorry I couldn't find another way to receive support.

• Scott Billiot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I paid for a year thinking this was a feature. I will not be in for a second year if it is not when my subscription is up.

• Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delete text feature is probably one of the most used tool. Why would you disable that function?

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tja would be great, i was drawing a bog Sketch ans had to erase an edge. Unfortunally i had to erase all the long lines in this edge

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this!! just downloaded drawboard and it's killing me to have to erase a whole line when i just want to take a little bit off

• Junliang Liu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this drawboard team should let their customers to wait for this little tiny feature sucha long time! I quit

• Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pain. It seems like it defaults to the pen size, which doesn't really make any sense to me.

I would expect (and want) it to always take the size of the eraser size option on the dial, not the pen size..

• Nao Nozawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently using the free trial of Drawboard and and surprised to see that this isn't already a feature. When I'm marking up engineering drawings, I often want to just erase a small portion of a stroke rather than erasing the whole stroke. Considering this idea is 2 years old without the feature being added, however, I'm not optimistic that this will actually get added....

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base