Please tell us your great ideas

Multiple istances of Drawboard

It's interesting also to add the possibility to have more than one istance of drawboard per time! for instance reading multiple pdfs per time like microsft pdf reader.

744 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fabio Lucattini shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

I have been overwhelmed by the response from this. So many of you have got back to me and given me some great feedback on what you need from this feature.

We have so much great feedback to take to the table to get this feature up and running. We appreciate the patience with this feature.

It is going to take a lot of planning and work over a few months but we are hoping we can deliver something that will be an awesome experience for all of you!

Best Regards

Mitch
Drawboard PDF Product Manager

168 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justin C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus one vote again. It's imperative that I be able to switch back and forth between different PDFs as I check and highlight items. Waiting for one to load is not an option.
    Thanks,
    Justin

• Kristofer Tatsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus one vote. I've loved Drawboard as the best pdf markup tool for years, but have had to use other readers when I need to view multiple documnets in multiple windows on multiple screens.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agreed with this request (from 5 years ago!). A separate window really would make things much better, be it for either a separate document or to have two windows open for different parts of the same document. I frequently work with large docs that have diagrams at the end and so I need to have text + diagram open at once.

• Mathew Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was just thinking this morning it would be great to be able to open two or more PDF's in separate windows, am currently working on one with source info from another and it's a bit painful switching between them when I have three screens available! :-)

• Markus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to have two pdf open at the same time on my PC and on a external display

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best of both worlds would be to have an option to tear off a tab to a new window or simply start a new instance of Drawboard, just like we do with Edge.

• dancutcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Side by Side view within app would be great. Maybe even a way to see the thumbnails of recent documents. It seems you can only see the thumbnails before you open the first document.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I typically use Drawboard for two main tasks: 1) Fill out .PDF forms, and 2) Use previously filled out forms to fill out new forms of the same type. The forms typically are downloaded from state and local air authorities, and filling them out with blue type looks a whole lot better than printing them out, printing on them by hand, etc. Either way would work fine for me, so long as I could copy and paste between two forms, side by side on my screen. Adobe Acrobat Reader opens up two completely separate windows, and I'd use that if they allowed copy and pasting. Excel also has two completely separate windows (I use that for emission calculations, and copy and paste a lot, rather than reinvent the wheel every time!). So, if I had to pick, I'd go with the two windows option.

Thank you
    ATB

I would like to be able to open multiple windows of Drawboard PDF. This just allows more flexibility; for example, I could have 3 or 4 windows, I could easily switch between viewing two PDFs side by side and having Drawboard PDF and another program side by side.

It would also allow getting to a PDF I want to see faster. Now, if, for example, I have multiple PDFs open in Drawboard, but I’m using another program full screen, and I want to get to a PDF that is open but not in the tab that is being viewed in Drawboard, I need 3 clicks to get to it: a click on Drawboard in the taskbar to open it, a click on the tabs button in Drawboard, and then I can click on the PDF I want. If I could have multiple windows, I could just hover over the Drawboard icon in the taskbar, then click on the PDF I want – it would only take 1 click. In addition, I could see which PDFs I have open without opening the Drawboard window and clicking on the tabs button by just hovering over Drawboard’s taskbar icon.

I vote for TWO SEPARATE WINDOWS OPEN option. Why? Because this way I can use my 2 monitors (each for 1 separate Drawboard window) to enjoy this app even more!

I would prefer two Drawboard windows open. This is because I work with multiple monitors. This will allow two documents to be cross-referenced against each other at the same time.

• paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is what i highly am missing in the current Version. having multiple instances open at the same time and next to each other which allows me to read in one and write in the other is what i need for univerity

This feature would round up an already great user experience. That way I would not have to resort to using any other PDF-Viewers in order for me to be able to see many documents at once.

This will be such a useful feature for Drawboard PDF users!

I am looking forward to this function :)

• Elias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its wonderful to hear that you are working on it. This is the biggest critique since the start. If you need beta testers let me know via mail.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base