Please tell us your great ideas

add a function to export all highlighted or underlined text to other apps as plain text (like OneNote or Evernote)

160 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. Makes this app a real competitor to such programs as PDF expert, on which such functions are standard. Would be especially useful for large-scale research.

• Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure what under review means in this setting because I guess the staff members have been reviewing this particular thread for about 3 years now? I am not sure if they get millions of suggestions per day and it is taking them a long time to finally get to this thread or idea. But would still really love it if I could export my highlights into a separate document where I could further edit them....hears hoping...

• Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a function or button that allows you to export highlights into another document like onenote or evernote. Medical students such as myself and everywhere, would love you. If you created a function or button with this program where you could specify the pages you want to export the highlights from, or a function where you can select to record the highlight and then stop when your done and it lets you save those highlights when the function was active to be put into a word or some other program. So say after your done with your 30 page chapter on adrenergic receptors and drug mechanisms. it would be nice to end the day with exporting the notes you highlighted into onenote, evernote, etc and put into your own words if need be to not have to go through the entire thing again and again. I would not mind if Drawboard added some other program where say your highlights could be opened in drawboard, where you could edit them or just save and review them for later. Thanks.

I receive 40 page reports in PDF format which I'd like to export to XL so I can then sort the data. Adobe has this feature, but I like Drawboard better, so can you add it?

• Momo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An essential feature for a serious pdf reader. I was surprised drawboard can't export highlights and notes. Seems like a glaring omission.

• Eduardo Soares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in my trial period and was really excited with Drawboard, until I tried to export some highlights, and failed.

It seems that this feature is under review since 2014, so I'm assuming that, at this point, it will never be implemented. That's really a dealbreaker for me.

I'll come back and try again Drawboard when this feature is implemented.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long would this be under review? I already waited months for this feature. It would be great to get an update of the current state of implementation.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it would be great to have this feature built into Drawboard. But note that Zotero, combined with the Zotfile plugin, does everything people are looking for here. You can export highlights into a single file, where they all show up using the original highlight color you used, or you can export to different files for different color highlights.

Just something to check out since it's tough to say when or if this might get implemented in Drawboard

This is exactly what I'm looking for in a PDF document markup program. To have the option of creating a new page with page numbers, or a summary page within the document, option to have page numbers, or include Things that were underlined, or highlighted, etc, or written/notes and hyperlink it back to the document. Please please please add! thank you!!

Seriously, I love drawboard and bought it the day I tried it, but this missing feature is a PITA.

Is this still not implemented? IMO, this is a crucial feature that still keeps me tethered to GoodReader on my iPad and seriously limits the usefulness of Drawboard.

• Tregeagles Ghost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been searching for a Windows based application which has the same functionality as the i-pad application i-annotate. Drawboard pdf offers a clean interface and easy to use tools but fails to provide a facility for exporting highlighted or underlined text to a text file. This is a shortfall in all the Windows based pdf applications I have tried. Sooner or later one of the app developers is going to get the message and produce a Windows application to compete with the i-pad. When this happened I will be happy to pay for it. In the meantime there is clearly a demand for this functionality and the developers are clearly missing an opportunity to get ahead of the competition. I will be removing the trial version and waiting for the next update .....

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. I can't switch from Iannotate pdf, which I would like to do, if this is not possible.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base