Please tell us your great ideas

Auto cropping page margines

It will be nice if drawboard shows a page after automatically cropping the page margine of the page to show the page as large as possible. See pdf viewer on android platform

128 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Moonzoo Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Antonio Bayma Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or at least a zoom lock feature, so the user can trim margins manually for a given page and maintain it while navigating through the whole document.

• Mark Ingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a great to crop out distracting margin text (for a page range, or the entire doc in one shot), and then expand back out the whitespace around the text for easy margin notation. This would be an absolutely fabulous feature for students like me who rely on Drawboard to markup PDFs for our research library or class readings. I hope this feature will be made available for the Basic version of Drawboard. Only a very few rich students can afford yet another monthly fee for "pro" software. It's why we all hate Adobe so much and turn to companies like Drawboard, or even Microsoft, who gives us Office pretty much for free as a long-term investment.

• Antonio Bayma Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this feature could not be implemented, Drawboard could at least allow users to lock zoom magnification through the pages, so someone could set a zoom percentage to would produce the same desired effect.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one feature that I miss from GoodReader on the iPad. I have some PDF documetns with large margins, a an option to crop the page for reading would greatly enhance usability (the crop need not be permanent--just a reading view).

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that allowing a temporary (manually applied) page crop to eliminate margins while reading is a great idea!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I take a lot of hand written notes on journal articles and there is not enough space to the left or right to take good notes. So in the "Page manipulation section" it would be nice to be able to have add X blank space on left/right/top/bottom.

This would change the page size of the PDF page. The other option is to make a collapsible note section that expands when opens.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drawboard, look at how Autodesk Design Review works. it is really convenient and easy to markup annotate, report back on comments i.e. done, question, review comment etc... also the page space off the original PDF size is unlimited. i can paste in an image off the page and make additional comments yet retain the original PDF size if the comment is deleted. Lots of great features that could be learned from Autodesk Design Review and it is a free program.

• Djblois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When annotating a pdf, many have very small margins. I would like to be able to enlarge the white space, in order to have room to annotate the pdf with efficiency.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A seemingly basic feature, it seems to be omitted from every PDF editor under $50. A simple drag-a-box tool should be easy to implement, as well as a movable selection box with handles on it. We already have the option to rotate individual pages, this would complete everything I need for documents fresh off the scanner.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if this feature necessarily needs to be automatic. Just allowing us to manually crop out margins and then apply that crop to all pages (like in Goodreader app) would be great. Having different crops for even and odd pages is also a nice touch.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base