Please tell us your great ideas

Bookmark Organization

The bookmark feature needs to be more powerful. When making your own bookmarks, it would be nice to be able to rearrange the order of the bookmarks as well as indent subcategories. Also, the bookmark arrow is non-intuitive. It opens up from the right of the screen but the arrow points left. If the arrow pointed right, it would make a lot more sense because the menu is going to be hidden on the right.

213 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anthony Chung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
ux  · 

49 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Derek R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really looking forward to this having some changes soon, current implementation is severely limited.

• DMPFMSCHN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It‘s May 2019 and still no improvement in bookmark-arrangement.

The Support should see a lack of development in this section.

More than 30 People replied to this topic since 2016!

Please developers. Do something about it!

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I was wondering what the status is of this idea. I think this is a trivial option to have since currently, I have to use a separate program to edit my bookmarks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i really hope this feature can come true. when i need to read a long essay, i always have to make many bookmarks. but after a period of time, i'll find my bookmark chaotic, and i cannot re-organize it!!!!!
    i really need a more flexible and powerful bookmark tool.

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical feature in our law firm, we are rolling out ipads and surface devices, drawboard is the only good PDF software on windows that supports touch and pen, please add this feature...if its not there by the time we are ready for rollout the attorneys will all opt for ipads as bookmark creation / editing is used heavily during pdf review.

Agreed. I do find this rather annoying. By prefixing all my bookmarks I could sort them as references or definitions. At the moment I have a frustrating mix.

• Henriqu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to rearrange the order of bookmarks is a must! With Adobe Acrobat you can do it easily!

• Fusbaldo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, unfortunately. The UX needs some serious work when it comes to basic things like bookmarks, search, document tabs navigation, and zoom. On average, Drawboard requires way too many user actions to get simple things done.

• comentator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*if you're scalling free space around bookmarks for finger input keep in mind that 10mm before bookmark and 10mm after bookamrk gives 2cm of space for finger. Find me a person with 2cm wide fingers please

*bookmarks font scaling method in portrait mode. Font scaling is good but wtf are you scaling space between bookmarks? I have 10 pages of Table of Contents instead of 1 page. WHY? Why do i have to scroll those 10 pages while most of it is wasted for 10mm space between bookmarks?

*In portrait mode on surface with left side bar open i have two useless UI sidebars cluttering my screen and making PDF pages smaller left most sidebar with idiotic iconslike options, tabs, pages etc, next right most bar with pens. Do you use this app? ddin't you notice a shitload of free space on those bars for integrate all those buttons and make PDF pages wider in portrait mode? It would make bookmarks text bigger too.

still no autohide?
    3 clicks needed to open bookmarks?
    *click on small 3 bars icon in left upper side screen
    *click on binoculars
    *click on bookmarks

p.s. found so many good ideas declined here and nothing changed about auto hide of different ui elements, nothing changed about left side bar which is UNUSED for important things like bookmarks markup and search buttons. I'm looking for better product .It's taking too long here to even convince you guys something is important..

• Matthew Sigal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just ran into a PDF where *every page* of a 300 page document had a bookmark. Allowing the user to select multiple bookmarks (e.g., with the shift key) and then click delete would be a huge improvement over the current state of affairs.
    Alternatively (and less ideally), if you delete a bookmark, Drawboard should auto select the subsequent bookmark in the list. Right now, you have to click a bookmark, click delete, press OK, then select another bookmark and repeat the process. It is very tedious to manage more than a couple bookmarks at a time like this.

• giuseppe corrias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature at least in the PRO version! I bought the Pro version just hoping it would have this basic feature! It is so important!

The fact that I can not create collapsible bookmarks is really a huge disappointment, as well as a deal breaker for me and looking at how many comments people have post about this it is truly unbelievable that the feature hasn't been added yet. Everything else is really great and I was definitely going to purchase after my trial period ended until I discovered this issue. If you decide to add this feature then I would without a doubt switch back and purchase this program

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base