Please tell us your great ideas

Rearrange pdf

With the new beta, it's possible to open as many pdf documents as I desire. However once the documents are open, I couldn't figure out any method to re-arrange their order.

This is a fairly standard operation in most other tabbed pdf readers and would definitely help my use case with drawboard (i.e. music play list annotation).

103 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tristan VERDUN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to sort your PDFs into folders within the application itself would be really very useful.
    As a student, for example, I have to open PDFs in several different courses and it is difficult for me to stay organized because the only way for me to have a clear interface between the different texts I have to read is to proceed course by course, so as not to confuse my different texts.

A One Note sorting interface would be excellent!

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support the issue, this seems like a relatively basic and functionality with no drawbacks to it and I personally need this flexibility.

• 张健 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yep!!!!Re-ordering is something I really need since there are too many books I have to open and close every day, the order of them has a big effect on my efficiency!

• Frank-Ulrich Fricke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Programmers,

I would like to suggest to allow for reordering the documents that were opened. I very often open a number of documents and after a while I would like to restructure the list, in order to get some logic into the order of the documents. Hence, similar to reordering pages I would like to reorder whole documents. Would that be possible?

Thank you! Best regards, your heavy user Frank-Ulrich Fricke

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this is a native feature in the mac os and VERY USEFUL! I would never pay for such a clunky implementation of "pdf manipulation" that the current document builder feature entails. For it to be worth anything, I would expect to be able to copy and paste pages from within a pdf and rearrange PAGES within a pdf. When you figure that out, I'll pay for the pro version. (Best markup features I've seen, so good on you for that at least.)

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This wasn't completed in any sense of what the original feature suggested. Reordering tabs is not in any way related to rearranging pages in a PDF.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature along with re-ordering pages seems like two must have features for a PDF editing program.....Please add!!!

• Phil White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely useful to be able to import or add pages into an existing PDF document. It IS a feature worth thinking about...

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a functionality where we can insert a separate pdf file into the pdf file? Also can we extract or delete sheets from pdf?

Feedback and Knowledge Base