Please tell us your great ideas

Support hyperlinks to other documents (or within doc)

When working with large collections of documents, it's common to have a PDF index that is hyperlinked, so that clicking on the entry in the index opens the appropriate document. This is supported in Adobe Reader (though it does not seem to work in the touch version, only desktop) but not Drawboard. Any chance of adding that support?

63 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also missing this feature! Drawboard - its been five years sinces this was suggested - what is the status?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We considered to use Drawboard to work with pdfs in litigation but since it does not support this feature it does not meet our requirements.

• Julian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to use hyperlinks within pdf to other pdf documents would be a great and useful feature to add. You also need to be able return easily to the original link with a back button or something, and have the option with the links to open the other document at the same time. Drawboard also needs the ability to view multiple pdf documents at one time. There are other posts requesting multiple instances. You are almost there drawboard, the improvements to how bookmarks look has been great. Keep up the good work!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice for class if a professor mentions a website during lecture, or to cite notes we take.

• Graham Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many PDF eBooks have a contents page and possibly an index page, The given links to sections/ chapters in that book or document don't work in Drawboard. This is a fundamental feature within PDF's

Many PDF eBooks have a contents page and possibly an index page, The given links to sections/ chapters in that book or document don't work in Drawboard. This is a fundamental feature within PDF's

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this as well. The ability to merge multiple pdf files into one file. Like in the preview app on Mac OS X. There you can add pages from other pdf documents into an existing document and then rearrange the pages by drag and drop.

• Ilike Tokill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second that. We use the attachment feature in Nuance Power PDF to send encrypted files as PDF attachment. Our Surface Pro 4 recipients who use Drawboard as their default PDF app cannot access the attachments.

• HJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need that too!
    It works well in Goodnote app in iPad but not in Drawboard.

• Kevin Rowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use multipage PDF's on our wide-format touchscreen workstations (iplantables.com). We consistently hyperlink our files and these links are broken when using Drawboard.

• Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen this requested before, not sure it belong in the beta hub but I will post it anyways.

I would love the ability to create links within pdfs. Internal linking would be great for those using draw board to view sheet music. The ability to create "hotspots" using the built in shapes would be incredible! This would allow musicians to quickly flip several pages when needed. Draw board is already the fastest pdf viewer when skipping multiple pages.

I'm sure users would also love the ability to create text links as well (internal links, links to other pdfs, web links, email links).

Taking this one step further for musicians would be supporting Bluetooth pedals (like airturn) or other Bluetooth devices to allow remote control of the app. This would make Drawboard the go to App for sheet music, as there doesn't appear to currently be any other app that handles these features well. This may be useful for using Drawboard for presentations as well.

• David Nuffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, Drawboard does not appear to support viewing an attachment to a PDF. I use a lot of training documents which describe a function or task and then attach a document demonstrating the completed task. The document enclosed is an example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base