Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

1. To be able to delete any annotation

To be able to delete annotations, that were made before the last annotations. I can only seem to delete them if I delete all the ones that came after as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. web search selected text

Most web browsers will not provide an option with a right click on selected text to do a web search (google, bing, etc). This would be a very nice feature for Drawboard PDF too. Now I jump between Edge (which provides that feature) and Drawboard PDF, but I would rather stick with Drawboard PDF for all my work. (If this works now, I haven't been able to find it.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The possibility for inserting print screens in Drawboard would be very useful

For now I have to save a print screen in Paint, save it and import as picture. I use this very often and a direct way to implement pictures would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Paste a Picture from Clipboard Directly. No Insert

Is this something you guys can work on. It would make life so much easier if one can past a picture directly from clipboard like from snipping tool, instead of needing to go through the insert method. With the insert method, one would have to first capture the picture, save it then insert from file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to show documents in opened order rather than most recent

As of 5.8.90, the "improvements" of "Moved the Add New Document button to the top of the list of open documents." and "Your most recently opened document will now appear at the top of the open documents list, rather than the bottom." break my existing workflow.

I am an amateur musician and use Drawboard onstage to both display and annotate my music during rehearsals and performances. With older versions, I could open the documents in set-list order and they appeared in that order down the tab list.

With this change, I now must open the documents in reverse order in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rearrange items depth

Imagine you have a blank PDF page. You insert a diagram. Then, you use a white marker to erase some content in it and insert text over the white spaces. But the text is longer, so you take the white marker again and make some extra space. The problem is the text is now under the white ink because it was made before. It would be awesome to have the options of "bring to front", "bring forward", "send backward" and "send to back" any text processor has (Office, OpenOffice and LibreOffice, not to mention OneNote have that option).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a scroll bar like in continuous layout when using non-continuous layout

It will be convenient to jump between slides (viewed usually in non-continuous layout) if the presentation is long. Add a scroll bar like that in the continuous layout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. please add support of opening pdf portfolio for reading and annotations.

the bullpen app is not particularly useful for all kinds of professionals. i am a Lawyer, who relies on extensive use of pdf portfolios. currently i have to use foxit pdf for the portfolio files or adobe reader. however, i am in luv with drawboard due to the features provided by it. the only difficulty is that to use drawboard i have to extract the files out of the pdf and use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. summarize annotations in the sidebar for easy recognition

the annotations are shown in the side bar with page number, number of annotations and author. however a summary of the annotations, like a part of the portion highlighted or the comment etc. makes it much more recognizable at the time of reading later. plz add the feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tools to add/alter accessibility options in PDFs

I am a professor, and I would like to make all the documents I assign to my students as accessible as possible. Could Drawboard look into developing tools to ensure documents' accessibility (add tags, identify/order headings, label images/math formulas). I would really hate to have to use Adobe Pro to make sure my docs are accessible, and I think it'd be a pretty simple toolset to implement (aside from OCR).

https://itaccessibility.arizona.edu/content/pdf-accessibility

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. TEXT INSERT: Bold, italic and underline

When inserting text on a PDF file, it would be very useful to format the text like on OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Scroll to the exact position on next page

I am a teacher and use drawboard to mark exam papers. I used to mark the same questions on the set of exam papers before going to the next questions so that i can stay more focused. It'd would be nice if I can press page down key and then I can be brought to the exact position of the page to continue marking (this saved me a lot of scrolling time)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Autohide option for the favorite toolbox

I love using Drawboard and I believe if you could add an "Autohide" option for the favorite toolbox on either side would be really great.
    I use Drawboard for studying and annotating my notes and I use my favorite tools regularly. It would be great to also be able to use the entire screen for the document when switching tool is not desired.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clicking with the mouse or touch pad should not function to draw, it should only select text. Only pen or touch screens should draw

it's frustrating to have to keep switching from text selection to pen whenever I decide to draw with the pen or select text to copy or highlight with the pointer. Why don't do like Xodo or Onenote and allow the mouse to solely select text? This app is great that is the only thing I really dislike.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Protractor enter angle

it would be great if you could enter an exact angle into the protractor via keyboard. sometimess its a bit laborious until i have for example exactly 90°

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Redo, Undo, and Save buttons to favorite toolbox

Everytime I need to double tap to have the "redo/undo" show up at the corner, I have no problem with it. But could you really add the possibility/option to have redo/undo/save buttons added to the favorite toolbox? I am so sure this will save a lot of time for user from "double tapping to access the redo/undo" and "tap navigation pan to show, tap save, tap back the drawing area".

This is the only MS Store APP that I have purchased in my life, make me proud :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Measure a path

I like that I can now measure on the pdf but I'd love to have the ability to draw a path and measure said path.

Currently I can draw several lines and add all of the measurements together to get the total length of a path but it would be so much better if Drawboard could add the measurements automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Increase the size of the page slider

Please increase the size of the page slider or add an option to let users control this. The fact that the page slider is 1/4 the size of my fingertips is a HUGE limiting factor in my use of drawboard when I'm using my surface as a tablet. It feels incredibly clunky when you have to press 4-5 times to grab the slider to change pages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase the size of the page slider

Please increase the size of the page slider or add an option to let users control this. The fact that the page slider is 1/4 the size of my fingertips is a HUGE limiting factor in my use of drawboard when I'm using my surface as a tablet. It feels incredibly clunky when you have to press 4-5 times to grab the slider to change pages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base