Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

1. Insert costumized stampers

It would be great to be able to insert your costumized stampers. e.g. after correcting some documents and in the and add a stamper to confirm the document...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send to Drawboard PDF like Onenote

Being able to have a Printer Device installed in Windows like the "Send to OneNote" function would be great for our workflow. It would eliminate a repetitive step for us having to print to PDF then open it in File Explorer. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RTL Support

Hey,
    Currently the program doesn't support searching ot marking text in RTL languages (Arabic, Hebrew, etc). It's very inconvenient, since you need to use another program if you need to search the PDF file. Please add this feature, it's very basic and affects many users in the world.
    Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Z-Order of objects

I'm creating a document with many images, some of which overlap on the page. It seems that Z-Order is determined by the order of addition which is very inconvenient. It would be great to have a way to edit the Z-Order of objects on a page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. enhancement of the "document option" menu

This menu should be enhanced with a "close" option, to close the actual doc without saving. Closing the document via the x is uncomfortable because you have to switch the menu and click a lot. Therefor it would be very helpful to have the "close" command in the document option menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disambiguate highlighted text with a comment from highlighted text with no comment

This has been posted before and now is marked as completed, but it's not. How do we know when a highlight has a note and when it doesn't?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. skip through pages with surface pen button

Hi Drawboard Team,

why don't you add a feature to costumize surface pen (or other styluses) button actions?
    For example today I was reading a pdf on my surface and marking text with my pen. It would have been really convinient to go to the next page with just the click of the surface pen button instead of using my finger to swipe. I could think of a million ideas to propgram the button.

Please consider this feature for your next update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save groups of documents

I need to work with groups of interrelated documents, it would be good to have a feature to save the list of the open documents so it would be easy to reload again all of them, enabling to switch between "working" environments quite easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alt text of open tabs should show the full path to the file

On the open tabs view and within an open file, I couldn't find one place that shows the full path to that file. Some of us use Drawboard to work on students' material, and one file can be very similar to the other. It would be great to hover the cursor over the top bar or an open tab and see the full file path as alt text, not just the name of the file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. page label

The physical page number and page label of the document may be different.
    When I browse the document, I enter the page label number to go to the specific page. It is inconvenient because it moves to a physical page. Please enhance the function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if in "Search"=> "Markup" section you add option to search for markups of a certain colour. I highlight with blue colour t

You should add an option to search by markups of a certain colour. I highlight with blue titles, and it would be great if I can take a quick look only on those markups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. option to assign functions to right click will be useful...for example undo button

assigning function to the right click button of the mouse will enable us to use two tools simultaneously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use the right mouse button to toggle the menu bar

Allowing the right mouse button to open the menu bar will allow the mouse to move directly to a new tab which will save time when using a mouse, especially on a large screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shapes work with protractor

As ink work with protractor, shape(especially lines and arrows) should work with protractor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To protect eyes,i hope to change the backgroud color of pdf page ,and the night mode is not good enough.

To protect eyes,i hope to change the backgroud color of pdf page ,and the night mode is not good enough.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ignore touches more than 3 (or more) fingers option

Since Drawboard guys are incredibly unaware of user experience, this awesome app has awful interface with super many steps for a feature, especially you can't access to a keyboard.

So I installed another awesome app, GestureSign, which enable some gestures to aid my touch interface. With it I can enormously improve my UX, like tie some Keyboard Shortcuts to some simple gestures.However, GestureSign is not a native app (which should), it interfere with some already existing touch commands like zooming or panning.

Here's my solution: Make an option to ignore touches more than 3 or more fingers, so let my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Units protractor

I use the protractor with metric units (mm, cm, m). It would be great if the units shown on the screen are always 1-2-3-4-... or 1-5-10-15-20-25... Now the units are sometimes 4-8-12-16-... These are difficult units to make drawings on scale.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quick save feature "disk with asterisk" need default to file location where the PDF was opened from.

I use a Surface Hub in a conference room. Have to sign into OneDrive to load PDF's. When I load PDF's and add comments/changes then select the "quick save" button, it tries to save the file to a different area and I get a failed message and then have to navigate back to my OneDrive folder to save the file. It needs to default to the folder location where the file was downloaded from. Once I get the first error message and then browse to my OneDrive folder then any other saves will go to the correct folder. It is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am a control systems engineer and would like to see a template to purchase for piping and instrumentation diagrams.

Add a template for purchase that utilizes ISA 5.1 instrumentation, function, measurement, final element symbols.....etc.

Also, allow for custom cloud shapes, not just a rectangle. Unless I am missing that feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base