Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

Please tell us your great ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Horizontal split view to enable simultaneous viewing of two pages within the same document.

A feature that is similar to that found in Microsoft word and Adobe Acrobat Pro, split view allows for reading in a more natural way. Imagine a reader being able to see an important figure (map, or chart) on a different page of the document. Horizontal split view enables this.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add favorite tools (star) to surface dial.

Add favorite tools (star) to surface dial, inside allow shifting through favorite tools.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to change font of text inserted.

I would like to be able to change the font of my inserted text with any of the fonts I already have installed on my computer.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Snap to grid and incremental snap distances.

As an Architect, I would love the ability to have lines I sketch snap onto a rectilinear grid, have lines snap to a specific incremental distance and the ability to set a drawing scale even if the scale is only in Drawboard not the PDF. Layers would be a really nice addition too.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. insert a table

It would be awesome to be able to insert a simple table (like Onenotes implementation) that would be editable. Many times I add materials to a drawing when I review it and being able to create a table right there in the drawing would be really nice. Currently I have to make one in excel, snip and save a picture then insert the picture when all I needed was a 3x3 table.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Middle mouse button as a pan tool

Pretty much every other program in existence automatically scrolls the page using middle mouse button. In Drawboard, it just mirrors everything that is done by the left mouse button, rendering it completely useless...

Middle mouse button should work as a pan tool.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Fill with colour" option for inked shapes

Hi, I am a teacher using Drawboard to annotate my class notes so that students can access them later.

I teach math, and often find myself drawing shapes, e.g. the Spades symbol, repeatedly. I would like some of these shapes to be filled, but doing this manually with my stylus takes time, and it is difficult to make sure that they get entirely filled.

I would love an MS Paint style "Fill with colour" option (Paint bucket) for inked shapes in Drawboard. This would make it possible for me to quickly create these shapes by inking an outline with my…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Protractor

1. The ruler part of the protractor should use the same unit/scale you used when you calibrate a figure.

2. User should have an option to set the angle to a given value. This can be done by making the small green circle that shows the angle editable. Currently, the protractor is very sensitive and I have to spend a couple of seconds to make sure that the angle is exactly what I want. These seconds add up to a couple of minutes in each teaching session I have.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add primary colours to "edit properties" and "advanced mode"

The new features brought are really useful (advanced mode/edit properties), but what I'm really missing are the original primary colours in those! Please offer them in those functions too.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I wish

I wish that when using the search feature it would highlight all instances of the searched item within the entire document. I also wish there was a way to change the color it is highlighted in to make it easier to find.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Crop attached images

let the possibility to crop an image after attaching it on a white page.

just to understand, similar to the option already existing on the S Note application for Samsung Note series Android Devices.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to close all documents upon closing application.

An option to "close all" documents upon quitting the application would be awesome. Often times I'm working on multiple documents pertaining to work and close the app. When I re-open to work on personal or school docs I always have to close all the previous docs first. It's one step but it can be annoying as it's a frequent thing for me.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Standard Scale for the Ruler / Protractor

When working in hardcopy / on paper and to a set scale, most Engineers, Architects etc. use a standardised set of Scale Rulers.

For Example:
    1:100 Scale - Major increments of 1m, minor increments of 100mm
    1:50 Scale - Major increments of 2m, minor increments of 200mm
    1:25 Scale - Major Increments 200mm, minor increments 20mm
    1:20 Scale - Major Increments 200mm, minor increments 20mm

1:300 Scale - Major Increments 1m, minor increments 200mm.

However the current Ruler in DrawBoard Pro does not use these standard scales. Whilst at a larger distance this occurs, as you zoom in the scales…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Insert own Company Paper

We should be able to insert our own company paper for our use. About the document builder this is only possible once when creating the file, but we should be able to insert new pages from our own Paper at any time.
    How would that be possible? Could you insert our own paper in the page manipulation?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. INK: Group annotations in annotation search/navigation menu (or bring back ability to group strokes)

If I am annotating with pen, one page can have hundreds of strokes making searching/navigating through annotation search useless. Please bring back ability to group annotations, or (better yet), have a way of grouping annotations in the search/navigation menu.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ux  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Are you working on ideal to convert handwriting to text

Are you working on converting hand writing to text feature

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Text Entry

I would suggest text entry where you just click on the page and start typing without having to drag and create a text entry box. Also allow text edits to be done directly on the page without the editing box that pops up. Foxit Reader does this well (despite doing other things poorly) if one of your techs wants to download their free software and see what i'm talking about.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "previous view" button in touch mode

working with large PDF files with links to the bibliography at the end, it is absolutely crucial to have a back button (exactly the previous view, not just the page!!) in the touch mode. this, together with the lack of a "presentation mode" without swipe animation, is what keeps me from adopting Drawboard as my default pdf viewer. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let users customize the radial menu

Let users add custom pens and tools to the radial menu so they can organize it with the tools they use most, i can add a oen but not different highlighter tools.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base