Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

1. INK: Group annotations in annotation search/navigation menu (or bring back ability to group strokes)

If I am annotating with pen, one page can have hundreds of strokes making searching/navigating through annotation search useless. Please bring back ability to group annotations, or (better yet), have a way of grouping annotations in the search/navigation menu.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ux  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RGB Pen Colors

I'm working my through seemingly every PDF editor in existence and the one thing that keeps my search going is that none of them allow arbitrary pen colors. I would love to know why this is such a standard, but I'd love even more for that standard to change.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Are you working on ideal to convert handwriting to text

Are you working on converting hand writing to text feature

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Add/Remove Lines/Grid more easily.

-Adding Grid/Lines for a Part of one Site or Removing the Grid in a Part of one Site.
    -Removing the Grid entirely for Printing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Snapshot selected area, copy/paste/cut.

Hi I really love almost everything about drawboard, however Im using snapshot abilities in order to make it much easier in school work. From comments in many places I see a great demand fro it. I truly do not understand why you keep insisting on telling people to use the windows snip tool, you are literally forcing so many people into choosing different apps.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let users customize the radial menu

Let users add custom pens and tools to the radial menu so they can organize it with the tools they use most, i can add a oen but not different highlighter tools.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add an option in "Save as (Advanced)" to save without annotations

Please add an option in "Save as (Advanced)" to save without annotations. This helps me if I scribble/highlight etc on a large document and then I want to send to someone the original copy without my annotations.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Insert circle with centre and radius

I would like the ability to add a circle by choosing the centre then stretching the required radius. This would allow a circle to be centred correctly, rather than having to select the top corner of a rectangle and insert an ellipse defined by the four sides of the box that is drawn.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flip between common pages quickly

It would nice if you could flip between two pages or really two views (or more) quickly. This is almost like having a "quick bookmark" icon on the page (maybe in the lower corner).

For example - I look at a lot of plans and details. Usually what I end up doing is creating a file for plans and another for details, but what might be nice is if I could on the fly add a "bookmark" on a detail then go back to the plan and "bookmark" that location then click on the detail 'bookmark' to get back to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ctrl + drag to copy

Please add the ability to copy annotations by dragging with the mouse while holding Ctrl, as in for example Microsoft Word.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Appearance of the radial menu after changing the view to another document

With your newest update the radial menu appears per default extended when changing the view to another document - undependable if one has minimized it before. That is pretty annoying.
    If I minimize this menu I do it for a reason and if I'd need it, I could easily extend it by myself. Why would anyone need this feauture? I want the radial menu stay the way it is.
    I am certain the average Drawboard user makes with this new feature more clicks than before. This can't be a goal of the new update! Please change this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. using cortana or search the web option!

Would it be possible to implement Cortana search or search SELECTED WORDS with any search engine (google, Bing .. etc ) ?
    This feature is available on Edge browser and it is really great to have a sidebar that give instant results!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a ruler, not protractor.

I know the protractor can be used as a ruler, and it's awesome already, but it's a bit clumsy to be used as a ruler. Windows Ink style ruler would be super useful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Light Theme Option

Enable Light Theme Option

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. perimeter tool needed!

Having a perimeter tool will help construction professionals (travel distances, perimeters of rooms, floor plan etc.) - currently you have to use multiple linear dimensions and then go and add up these dimensions to get the perimeter. This is time consuming and frustrating.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add ANSI paper sizes, or allow custom sizing

It would be very beneficial to have the rest of the ANSI paper sizes (B, C, D, E). Size A = US letter, so that one is covered. Alternatively, allowing custom page sizing would solve any desired page option for all regions although with some loss in efficiency most likely if every new page needs to be set up as custom.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Insert coordinate system shapes

Add coordinate system shapes to quickly sketch a graph while sitting in a lecture. Would be really helpful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Editing Pen Markup Color

When editing pen markups there is an option to change colors however the colors given are not regular primary colors that match the original palette. Can you add the original colors to the edit. Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hide Radial Menu and Advanced Tool Drawer

I have limited screen real estate on my surface device, and so when I have drawboard open in one window, I really need to remove all the clutter from the window its in, so that I can read the whole document without having to zoom in and scroll around as I read. As such, I would very much like the ability to hide all of the tools off of the screen- as should be possible for all good document readers/editors.

As you can see in the attched picture, hiding the Radial Menu by opening the Advanced Tool Drawer just makes…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for elaborating on your request from the “have option to make the tool ring disappear from screen” request.

What you are essentially asking for is a reading mode. I completely understand the desire and need for that.

The reason why we did not implement that in the Advanced Tools Drawer release, is mainly due to the fact that the vast majority of our users, use Drawboard PDF for markup and annotation nad

We are definitely open to a reading mode in the future.

If I am misrepresenting your view. Please write to me at support@drawboard.com and we can chat further! We do appreciate the feedback and always look to take it on as best we can, and with what is in line with our strategy going forward.

Best

Mitch

Drawboard PDF Product Manager

20. Edit existing text in pdf

On the pdf file, I would like to edit existing text. For example, add/remove words in a sentence. Change word formatting etc...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base