Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

Please tell us your great ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Ctrl + drag to copy

Please add the ability to copy annotations by dragging with the mouse while holding Ctrl, as in for example Microsoft Word.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Editing Pen Markup Color

When editing pen markups there is an option to change colors however the colors given are not regular primary colors that match the original palette. Can you add the original colors to the edit. Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fairly often I would like to reorder documents in the view section

Fairly often I would like to reorder documents in the view section, because I need to have a number of documents open at the same time. Hence, if I can reorder to have a logical sequence, that would be great.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Shortcut to turn favorite grid on/off

It would be nice to have a shortcut, or maybe a more accessible clickable tool to turn grid overlay on/off (or maybe cycle through the grids until none is shown). Because, right now, it is very tiresome to turn grid overlays on/off, specially if you are doing this constantly, like I do when I'm studying: You have to click on the menu, then click on "Tabs", then click on "View & Layout", then click on the dropdown menu, then click to select your grid, then click twice on the screen to close all the menus! It's seven clicks away to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Movable UNDO

I'm LEFT-HANDED. Having ANY of my tools anchored to the left side of my screen makes them downright maddening. I keep hitting the new undo buttons with my hand and arm, and I have lost all conservation of movement while I'm working in Drawboard. I may use the undo function over a hundred times in the course of a normal day of work, and I'm furious at how it's been mishandled. This was an extremely poor choice from a usability point of view.

Either give us a choice which corner is the undo anchor, or permit us to move the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide Radial Menu and Advanced Tool Drawer

I have limited screen real estate on my surface device, and so when I have drawboard open in one window, I really need to remove all the clutter from the window its in, so that I can read the whole document without having to zoom in and scroll around as I read. As such, I would very much like the ability to hide all of the tools off of the screen- as should be possible for all good document readers/editors.

As you can see in the attched picture, hiding the Radial Menu by opening the Advanced Tool Drawer just makes…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for elaborating on your request from the “have option to make the tool ring disappear from screen” request.

What you are essentially asking for is a reading mode. I completely understand the desire and need for that.

The reason why we did not implement that in the Advanced Tools Drawer release, is mainly due to the fact that the vast majority of our users, use Drawboard PDF for markup and annotation nad

We are definitely open to a reading mode in the future.

If I am misrepresenting your view. Please write to me at support@drawboard.com and we can chat further! We do appreciate the feedback and always look to take it on as best we can, and with what is in line with our strategy going forward.

Best

Mitch

Drawboard PDF Product Manager

7. Insert pages with size same as all other pages in file

I wonder if it could be implemented that the software would recognize the page sizes within the document and make this size as the default when inserting new pages in the document. This would be a great function for users trying to add additional note space when editing PDF files generated from slideshows.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. favorite toolbox on top or bottom

Here is a message from Paibon, can't vote because it's closed but it is such a great idea!

"Dear Drawboard developer,
    Right now, the favorite bar can only be on the left-right, but often I do read in Vertical mode - and the horizontal left right space is so limited. It would be very useful if the favorite bar can also be placed at top or bottom of the screen .

Thanks so much for your great work,
    Paiboon"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can I start with a reduced wheel of tools?

Dear Programmers,

I would like to suggest to start the program with a reduced wheel of tools. Each time I open the program I see and expanded wheel and my very first step each time is to reduce it. I would like to start with a reduced wheel as a default. Would that be possible?

Thank you! Best regards, your heavy user Frank-Ulrich Fricke

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allowable colors on radial highlight menu should be the same as in the main tool menu

I can change the highlight color for the radial tool and on the tools menu, but the color selections are different. Why?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. straighten out unsteady hand

I can't draw very smooth lines, and I wish that drawboard could take out hthe kinks in my sketch.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hidden Scroll Bar Makes an Accidental Scrolling While Annotating on the Edge.

While annotating, especially writing on the right edge, I accidentally touches the hidden scrolling bar with the pen and the page suddenly scrolls up or down.

If scrolling bar is always visible, I can avoid the bar when writing on the edge and this problem will not happen.

So, I suggest adding an option that makes the scroll bar always visible.
    Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adjusting size of eraser on the top of the pen

Its really annoying when I use the eraser which is on the top of the pen.
    The size of eraser follows the size of the pen(I use 1pt), and this makes me impossible to erase annotations at once.

I know there's an eraser tool, but selecting this tool every time is not a good experience.

Please add an option so that I can adjust the size of pen top eraser independently of pen size.
    Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Toggle the tool ring

Let us toggle the tool ring. Give us a setting to make it stop appearing. I like the ring, but your recent update has killed my love of this product.

Much of my work involves video recording of demonstrations and EVERYTIME I crtl-tab between files that ring pops back up in the middle of my workspace. Not only that, but it fans itself out! Its such a pain I am now seeking out replacement software since drawboard is basically unusable to me now. I can't even get an older version of drawboard since it autoupdates.

People have been asking on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want a top bar with open document

like in acrobat, or in my browser (chrome) with open tabs.
    Here is a screenshot of what I want :
    https://imgur.com/a/QbWw8Nv

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. free ruled overlay grid

good morning, I am a drawboard pdf user. I already suggested and commented some thinks about that so really useful tool for productivity.
    please, let the users to have the free availability of momentary ruled overlay grids. I think some free permissions would better let the customers to appreciate the product.

Also, consider the opportunity to permanently buy packets of pro features, instead than subscribe a monthly or yearly contract.

Sure of your attention on the improvements and to stay close to the idea of think Customer,
    Kind Regards,

Diego Poleggi

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 中文

望支持中文

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make protractor scale adjustable

By have the scale on the ruler manually adjustable, you could use existing objects [buildings, parking spaces, roads] with known dimensions to set the scale and allow drawing any modifications to scale of the document you are working on.

And, allow the scale when set to zoom in or out when the drawing zoomed like it currently does

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a ruler, not protractor.

I know the protractor can be used as a ruler, and it's awesome already, but it's a bit clumsy to be used as a ruler. Windows Ink style ruler would be super useful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ability to import PDF's as images like a stamp onto a drawing

This would be helpful to create PDF stamps in order to duplicate multiple of the same symbol onto a drawing (essentially the same ability that PDF XChange Editor has).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base