Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

Please tell us your great ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. full scale Option

We currently review all product designs 1:1 scale on Paper.. I would love to have a Scale 1:1 option on screen, and lock zoom. In our office we have a large 70in Touch Screen to view but its a pain to always have to pinch to zoom to get accurate scaling

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reload button and autosave

I'd love to have a reload/refresh button, and also an option to automatically save handwritten notes.

The reason is that I'm a LaTeX user, and it's very important for me to have a pdf viewer that's allows reloading. It's also useful to take notes and then be able to see them on the integrated previewer of the LaTeX editor. I love Drawboard, but I have to use Xodo for those features while using LaTeX.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Messy Text Insertion, basic ,,Pro Features"

Currently:

If want to insert a custom text by typing, there are some inconveniences you have to face:

!Short summary:
    Shifting it after its written, editing only visuable in a pop-up window, fixed distance between lines.!

In detail:

1) The Text slightly shifts the position to the top after it is inserted.

2) Editing of an already inserted text in an outside window makes you unable to comprehend how it will interact with the rest of the page. Especially with long texts you will sometimes rather delete the text and write it new from scratch rather than editing it, because…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open 2 Instances of Drawboard

I want to review 2 documents at the same time, and sometimes on separate screens (when I'm in the office). Is there a way to open more than once instance of Drawboard PDF at a time? If not, there should be. It would be such a useful feature to be able to have multiple PDFs open either on separate screens or split screened so I can reference 2 (or more) sheets at the same time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please give more options for zoom settings!!

it really should be possible to set the double-tap-gesture to "snap zoom to page height/width" like it is the case in literally every other document viewer app. I really need this a lot when I'm zoomed far into a large sheet music score to annotate something small, and then quickly wanna zoom out to overview the entire page again.
    And in the 100%-view, a double tap should bring you in quite a bit closer to where you tapped.
    this is standard behaviour in every android app ever...

Or AT LEAST give the option to set the minimum zoom to 100%,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Developer Feedback on Layer Support

Layer support has been a request for many years.
    Those requests are marked closed or completed and cannot be voted on.
    Could the developers please post an Article detailing the chance of this being considered and also give users some insight into the develop pipeline?
    This is a fantastic app and I am sure many potential paying clients would jump on board with this feature.
    Better communication would also keep existing customers on board.
    Like the product but am frustrated..
    Fingers crossed we will be better informed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. grid with border an custome grid size

Where I live the standard paper needs to have a border and a 4mm grid. It would be nice to be able to have a page with a border and be able to customize the grid size. Otherwise I'm not able to use Drawboard for "offical" documents.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts) for favorite tools

I have found serveral similar requests for this feature. However, it seems the admins never got the point. We hope to have keyboard shortcut to change the currently working tool, rather than show/hide the toolbar. For example, when I was highlighting, I will occasionally want to copy and paste some text from the PDF. In current version of your software, we will have to click the toolbars for differet tools. If we have a keyboard shortcut, the mentioned tool switch would be very fast during our workflow. Besides, this is a very common feature in office and other PDF readers,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More possibilities to change grid : different clours of grid, engineering grid, based on SI units

- Posibilitie to change the colour of the grid for better visibility

- Most of the preinstalled gridds are based on Inch. I'd like to have one Engineering grid based on SI-Units (mm) with thicker lines every 10mm and thinner lines every mm.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Annotation draw order (bring to front / send to back)

I would really like the option to bring annotation lines above or below other annotation lines. Having a new line being on top a previous one where they cross over can look wrong when sketching diagrams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Instant save changes

Let's be honest, saving changes manual isn't really can't keep up with the times. So I want my changes be saved automatically if that's not possible I would also like to be asked if I want to save the changes as soon as I close my application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Software review for Engineering

For this to replace my current PDF editor (Bluebeam RevU), the following features would need to be added:
    File reduction options to reduce quality further than standard file reduction
    Capability to open multiple drawboad apps with only one license to enable two screens to be used for comparing documents
    Ability to open more documents simultaneously without warning that programme may become unstable.
    Must be able to copy notes/sketches between documents using ctrl+c and ctrl+v. Currently only possible to copy within the same document. I hope this is useful - the programme is otherwise great and looks very professional in meetings.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a basic "insert page" to the Advanced Toolbar Shortcuts

I love the new Advanced Toolbar - it lets switching between a variety of pens and tools very easy/convenient. However, I was really hoping that we would get a shortcut for "insert a blank page", as this process is still very clumsy for presentation purposes.
    What I would love to see is a button (like a plus sign) that: checks the page size of the other pages in the PDF, and inserts a blank page of that size after the current slide (perhaps even switching to it in the process).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. grouping handwritten notes -> better performance (not 1 letter = 1 object)

I think i have performance issues with handwritten notes. I write letter for letter and i think the number of objects is overwhelming the program.

Can you make an option or a feature that i can group things for example 20 objects to one (for example a word with 20 letters)?

That could be a button, or a automatically thing that the program groups all things after X seconds without doing something.

best regards

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sync state across devices

I came to Drawboard as a OneNote refugee, but the only feature that I really miss is how OneNote would sync the state of the program across my devices. I have a home computer, and a work computer, and I relied on that feature to be able to seamlessly pick up where I left off at work when I got home. Drawboard does not seem to have such a feature, and it's a huge drawback for me.

Would it possible to have the option to sync Drawboard's state and settings via a cloud service, for this purpose?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to disable/enable links in pdfs

I have been using Drawboard PDF to read and annotate scientific papers, which are riddled with both internal and external links to references.

While there are times when I want to click one of those links, it is very difficult to AVOID clicking them (and losing my place when it automatically takes me to the references at the end of the document or opens a web browser). In the average scientific paper, nearly every sentence has such links, so merely scrolling through the document can be a real challenge.

If there were some way to simply turn the links off/on…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to add "insert a blank page" to Favorites

for those who use drawboard in a teaching setting, the ability to quickly add via a favorite - a new blank page - to draw a chart/graph/formula for students would be very useful instead of walking thru the step by step process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Regarding one of the recently added features

Hello, I got an suggestion(or a complaint?).
    I think the newly added 'undo/redo button' on the left bottm is a terrible idea.

Whenever I touch a screen, the buttom appears and If I stopped touching the screen, it disppears automatically. I know it sounds useful in text, but it gets extremely distracting in actual use because it repeated appearing/disappearing in my sight at least tens of times during a work process. I've tried not to be distracted, but my eyes can't resist seeing it appearing/disappearing. It makes it hard to focus on my job.

So I suggest removing the undo/redo…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A model as normal eraser

It is so cool to have stroke eraser. But for some language, we have multiple strokes in one thing. So, could it possible to let the eraser dig out a part of the area like nature and normal eraser does? That will be perfect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base