Features

Please add all of your ideas no matter how big or small. We are working hard to build the perfect app for reading, editing and managing your PDF documents.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this forum, please use the Bugs forum for this purpose.

1. pen changing with surface dial

It would be great if I can change favorable pens by using surface dial.
    I don't know it's possible to change width of pens. It's a PDF program not drawing tool.
    Please please. Please add this feature!!!!!!!!😊😁😢😉😎😜🤞🙌

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blueprint symbol pack(s)

Would be really cool to be able to get blueprint symbol packs to drop onto a pdf. Maybe have an electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc. that could be purchased for additional fee.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. grid with border an custome grid size

Where I live the standard paper needs to have a border and a 4mm grid. It would be nice to be able to have a page with a border and be able to customize the grid size. Otherwise I'm not able to use Drawboard for "offical" documents.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More possibilities to change grid : different clours of grid, engineering grid, based on SI units

• Posibilitie to change the colour of the grid for better visibility

• Most of the preinstalled gridds are based on Inch. I'd like to have one Engineering grid based on SI-Units (mm) with thicker lines every 10mm and thinner lines every mm.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allowable colors on radial highlight menu should be the same as in the main tool menu

I can change the highlight color for the radial tool and on the tools menu, but the color selections are different. Why?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Annotation draw order (bring to front / send to back)

I would really like the option to bring annotation lines above or below other annotation lines. Having a new line being on top a previous one where they cross over can look wrong when sketching diagrams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Software review for Engineering

For this to replace my current PDF editor (Bluebeam RevU), the following features would need to be added:
    File reduction options to reduce quality further than standard file reduction
    Capability to open multiple drawboad apps with only one license to enable two screens to be used for comparing documents
    Ability to open more documents simultaneously without warning that programme may become unstable.
    Must be able to copy notes/sketches between documents using ctrl+c and ctrl+v. Currently only possible to copy within the same document. I hope this is useful - the programme is otherwise great and looks very professional in meetings.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hidden Scroll Bar Makes an Accidental Scrolling While Annotating on the Edge.

While annotating, especially writing on the right edge, I accidentally touches the hidden scrolling bar with the pen and the page suddenly scrolls up or down.

If scrolling bar is always visible, I can avoid the bar when writing on the edge and this problem will not happen.

So, I suggest adding an option that makes the scroll bar always visible.
    Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to disable/enable links in pdfs

I have been using Drawboard PDF to read and annotate scientific papers, which are riddled with both internal and external links to references.

While there are times when I want to click one of those links, it is very difficult to AVOID clicking them (and losing my place when it automatically takes me to the references at the end of the document or opens a web browser). In the average scientific paper, nearly every sentence has such links, so merely scrolling through the document can be a real challenge.

If there were some way to simply turn the links off/on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Toggle the tool ring

Let us toggle the tool ring. Give us a setting to make it stop appearing. I like the ring, but your recent update has killed my love of this product.

Much of my work involves video recording of demonstrations and EVERYTIME I crtl-tab between files that ring pops back up in the middle of my workspace. Not only that, but it fans itself out! Its such a pain I am now seeking out replacement software since drawboard is basically unusable to me now. I can't even get an older version of drawboard since it autoupdates.

People have been asking on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Inserted images can have transparency

Allow inserted images to have a transparency percentage, and also a "set transparent colour" setting

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want a top bar with open document

like in acrobat, or in my browser (chrome) with open tabs.
    Here is a screenshot of what I want :
    https://imgur.com/a/QbWw8Nv

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 中文

望支持中文

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make protractor scale adjustable

By have the scale on the ruler manually adjustable, you could use existing objects [buildings, parking spaces, roads] with known dimensions to set the scale and allow drawing any modifications to scale of the document you are working on.

And, allow the scale when set to zoom in or out when the drawing zoomed like it currently does

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. circle template, French curve tools to be added to create custom shapes.

circle template, French curve tools to be added to create custom shapes. this would be helpful when creating technical drawings. even to have a single circle to trace against that you can zoom in and out to create custom curves.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. full scale Option

We currently review all product designs 1:1 scale on Paper.. I would love to have a Scale 1:1 option on screen, and lock zoom. In our office we have a large 70in Touch Screen to view but its a pain to always have to pinch to zoom to get accurate scaling

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. feet and inches

Is there a way to toggle the measurement tools to display in feet and inches for lines in addition to the decimal i.e. 20'-6" in lieu of 20.5? Maybe rounded to the 1/32"?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Messy Text Insertion, basic ,,Pro Features"

Currently:

If want to insert a custom text by typing, there are some inconveniences you have to face:

!Short summary:
    Shifting it after its written, editing only visuable in a pop-up window, fixed distance between lines.!

In detail:

1) The Text slightly shifts the position to the top after it is inserted.

2) Editing of an already inserted text in an outside window makes you unable to comprehend how it will interact with the rest of the page. Especially with long texts you will sometimes rather delete the text and write it new from scratch rather than editing it, because…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Button for each pen pressure sensitivity

You are using different Pens? There should be a button in the advanced pen menu that enables or disables the pressure sens of the Pen. Then it could be saved as your favorite pen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can I copy annotations from one PDF file and then Paste it another PDF file.

Can I copy annotations from one PDF file and then Paste it another PDF file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base