Bugs

We take the stability of our software very seriously. Please first search for your issue to add support. Then, if it doesn’t exist yet, add the issue you have encountered including a step-by-step walkthrough on how to reproduce it so that we can fix it as soon as possible.

INFO we need information from you to proceed with this issue
BUG we have identified this issue as a bug
QA the issue is being verified by our QA team
STARTED we have started to fix your issue
COMPLETED we have completed your issue
DECLINED sorry, we are unable to fix your issue
  1. 74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

This issue is actively being investigated again as it keeps coming up. We believed that it had been resolved but there seems to be contiuing problems.

For those affected, are you able to do the following for me and send it to support@drawboard.com

1. Can you send a version of the document that has the password and a version that does not
    2. Can you tell me what version of Windows you are running
    3. Can you tell me what version of the app you are running
    4. Can you please give any insight in to what actions you took before the password protect message came up.

We are working on this as a high priority so your information would be greatly appreciated.

We apologise for the issues this is causing, and we are hoping to have a resoluition soon.

Best Regards

Mitch
    Drawboard PDF Product Manager

2. Stuck on loading...

I have seen many posts saying Drawboard is stuck on loading page and advice is to reload app or call support.

My issue is that it gets stuck on loading page ONLY if I am on the internet/wifi. As soon as I disconnect then the app loads. It just started doing this yesterday. Nothing has changed, no updates to anything including my browser, my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. One minute it was fine and now this. Its not awful to get around, but it is terribly inconvenient.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bookmarks go to wrong page

Clicking on a bookmark takes me to a page that's one page after the location of the bookmark. This only happens when "Continuous mode" is ON. When continuous mode is off, bookmarks direct to the correct location. It's basically the opposite of this previous bug:

https://drawboard.uservoice.com/forums/259661-bugs/suggestions/11003460-bookmarks-bookmark-goes-to-wrong-page

This happens with every PDF file I've tried. See attached for an example.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have to repeat shortcuts several times before they work

Thanks for a great app overall! One annoyance that I have is that I need to repeat every shortcut several times before they work -- and it's not consistent how many. For example, if I draw something in a document and then click Ctrl+z, I often have to click 3 times for it to work. Sometimes it works right away. Other times I need to click twice. It happens with other shortcuts as well (Ctrl+F for search, Ctrl+S for save are the ones I use the most) and the inconsistency drives me nuts! If I just had to click twice…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Low Resolution after zooming or moving PDF

While working on larger Plans (normally A2, or A1), every time I move the plan or zoom out, the PDF displays a lower quality resolution. It takes several seconds (sometimes than 10s) to redraw the PDF in the requested resolution.

The more "zoomed in" I am, the worse it gets.

While yes, there are many lines, the PDFs are NOT big at all (300kb to 450kb)

My Specs:

-Microsoft Book Surface Pro 2
    -Drawboard 5.2.40.0 Full Version

At first I thought it was because I was working with somewhat larger files (3-4MB) But with plans being only 300kB and Acrobat…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. LAUNCH: White or Black screen

I'm getting a black or white screen on a fresh install on a desktop non Surface PC after clicking "skip walk through". Display is at 125%, changing that has no effect. Resolution is 3840x2160, which I believe is standard for 4K. Does this app support 4K? Have tried uninstalling several times.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lagging pen

Hi!
    I am using a Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 630 with Windows 10 Pro.
    I´ve got the problem, that the pdf annotation with the pen is slightly lagging. Don´t get me wrong, it´s way better (faster) than many other solutions like PDF annotator, foxit reader and so on, however, it´s a bit too laggy when it comes to fast writing. The performance i similar to pdf annotations with Edge.
    At the moment I am using "Inky - PDF reader & ink annotation", which gives a lag-free, great pen input. Unfortuantely I am missing all the options of drawboard, that´s why I…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inordinate battery use

Drawboard uses a ridiculous amount of battery, particularly when marking up documents. Today, reading and annotating a single PDF over 1 hr 40 min was enough to chew through 54% of my (brand new) Surface Pro's battery. I distinctly remember that this wasn't the case way back when; I've noticed it for a while now but assumed it was my old Surface battery getting old. Since I'm suffering exactly the same on a new one, this obviously in the case!

I know there are other complaints about this too, which seem to have been brushed off by the devs, but…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. text selection wrong line

I am using Surface Pro 6, Drawboard version 5.8.210.0 on Windows 10 Desktop. The text selection tool is not working properly. For selection using both the stylus and the keyboard, Drawboard always selects one line above the cursor rather than the line of the cursor. As a result, I am almost unable to select any short phrases less than one line.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Random Straight line

I am using with Lenovo Active Pen 2. no matter what tool I am using, every now and then the program seems to freeze an then a straight line from a random area of the screen appears to where i am trying to write or draw. Any ideas what could be causing this?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. why not do option to setting saving auto for example in one drive

I apply to make auto save in own file.Because its difficult to every time press save button.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. occasionally when using the keyboard to go to the next page or the previous page the program jumps ahead more than one page.

occasionally when using the keyboard to go to the next page or the previous page the program jumps ahead more than one page.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Surface Dial function is reset to default every time you select a new tool.

I only want my surface dial to scroll through Drawboard. Instead, whenever I select a new tool (switching from Pen to Highlight, etc.), the function of the surface dial is reset to something context dependent (e.g. thickness for Pen, and opacity for Highlight).

This means I have to long-press the dial, rotate to "scroll", and click the dial again just to return it to my function. As I switch tools often, this makes the surface dial practically useless for me in Drawboard. If I could disable the context-dependent feature of the Dial--which should be a simple fix, as a setting--it…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The order of the bookmarks changes

Every time I create new bookmarks, the order I haven arranged them in changes. For example, it usually happens that the one supposed to be at the bottom moves to the top. Tired of this...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. My new bug is an old bug - drawboard spontaneously just disappears/closes/crashes

Drawboard works just fine but when I come back to continue working on a document, it has simply gone. Restarting the app everything is fine. But why does it crash? Is there a log file somewhere that I should look for?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Printing issue

I am running Drawboard 5.4.0 in Windows 10 on a Surface Book. For some reason, it will no longer print any documents whether or not I flatten them. I have rebooted the computer, restarted the software etc. Other programs are printing fine. When I try to print from Drawboard the document is not making it as far as the print queue.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can't open PDF file

When I select a PDF file from Explorer, it can't be opened, there is no action from the app, is like I don't 'click' over the pdf file (and I'm clicking...)

Also, I can't create a new PDF file too, has the same behavior, noting happens.

I have the last version.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. freeze

For a few days I bought the pro Version and now every 10 minutes drawboard Freeze and i cant do anything. after I open drawboard new, the half of My notice isnt saved. It sucks. and pay for it every motnh that it doesnt work

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Blurry text

The text appears very blurry/fuzzy, compared to all other pdf viewers. The antialiasing seems to be way too agressive. I think this antialiasing still looks well on high dpi screens like the Surface Pro, but at ~160 dpi now the app is barely usable. At least it would be necessary to have an option to control antialiasing. Im using Version 5.8.130.0.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base