Bugs

We take the stability of our software very seriously. Please first search for your issue to add support. Then, if it doesn’t exist yet, add the issue you have encountered including a step-by-step walkthrough on how to reproduce it so that we can fix it as soon as possible.

INFO we need information from you to proceed with this issue
BUG we have identified this issue as a bug
QA the issue is being verified by our QA team
STARTED we have started to fix your issue
COMPLETED we have completed your issue
DECLINED sorry, we are unable to fix your issue
  1. Stuck on loading...

I have seen many posts saying Drawboard is stuck on loading page and advice is to reload app or call support.

My issue is that it gets stuck on loading page ONLY if I am on the internet/wifi. As soon as I disconnect then the app loads. It just started doing this yesterday. Nothing has changed, no updates to anything including my browser, my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. One minute it was fine and now this. Its not awful to get around, but it is terribly inconvenient.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lagging pen

Hi!
    I am using a Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 630 with Windows 10 Pro.
    I´ve got the problem, that the pdf annotation with the pen is slightly lagging. Don´t get me wrong, it´s way better (faster) than many other solutions like PDF annotator, foxit reader and so on, however, it´s a bit too laggy when it comes to fast writing. The performance i similar to pdf annotations with Edge.
    At the moment I am using "Inky - PDF reader & ink annotation", which gives a lag-free, great pen input. Unfortuantely I am missing all the options of drawboard, that´s why I…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. text selection wrong line

I am using Surface Pro 6, Drawboard version 5.8.210.0 on Windows 10 Desktop. The text selection tool is not working properly. For selection using both the stylus and the keyboard, Drawboard always selects one line above the cursor rather than the line of the cursor. As a result, I am almost unable to select any short phrases less than one line.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My new bug is an old bug - drawboard spontaneously just disappears/closes/crashes

Drawboard works just fine but when I come back to continue working on a document, it has simply gone. Restarting the app everything is fine. But why does it crash? Is there a log file somewhere that I should look for?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Crash Issues

App constantly crashing, was a great app I use everyday but if there is no answers I will be seeking an alternate app. Whatever updates were done last time has ruined what was an asset to my business, very disappointing.
    We have checked for updates, and trialed various solutions but crashed over multiple machines and users

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy text will have extra text.

When I copy a word, for example "scatters", the text in my clipboard is scatters -- Mode: Word, Gran:Word, #Child: 1, CL: (475.0164976, 460.208552165625) => (502.9954525, 460.208552165625).This bug is not showed in previous version .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. program locks up

I am running 5.18.0.0 Pro version on Windows 10 PCs. After annotating a large file for several minutes and doing successful saves, all of a sudden it will start locking up. It looks like it is trying to save on its own while I am annotating something. The spinny symbol appears in the thumbnail on the left and i can't do anything to unlock it. Windows Task Manager shows I have plenty of memory available. Only solution is to kill the program and reopen. The file I was working on will still be open but this causes a loss of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stift stockt beim schreiben

Beim Arbeiten mit dem Stift setztdie Linie immer wieder ab. Es kommt so zu ständigen Unterbrüchen. Das macht die ganze App undbrauchbar.
    Das Problem kam erst nach einem Update. Ich habe jetzt mehrere Updates abgewartet in der Hoffnung das das Problem behoben wird. Dies war leider nicht der Fall.
    In allen anderen Programmen funktioniert der Stift problemlos. Es muss also an Drawboard liegen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. freeze

For a few days I bought the pro Version and now every 10 minutes drawboard Freeze and i cant do anything. after I open drawboard new, the half of My notice isnt saved. It sucks. and pay for it every motnh that it doesnt work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Application sometimes cannot recognize my pen, on my hand

I just bought galaxy book 2 and installed drawboard since my friend told me it is the best application to use pdf writing.
    and I am now really ****** off that this application cannot recognize my pen sometimes. I cannot use this app now for writing since the screen always moves because it does not recognize my galaxy pen.

I thought it was problem of device, however, any apps other than drawboard works really well. only drawboard.

I do not know what to do since i already paid my money.
    I hope to get refund or hope this to be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Surface Pen doesn't work properly after zooming in or out

I've been using drawboard for about half a year now. Holidays are over and I'm back at university now and I noticed that drawboard doesn't work as well as before. Every time after I zoome in or out, my surface pen will at first not write at all, then only give me a few dots. This lats for about a minute, which is absolutely inacceptable - especially for an application that I paid for - and makes it impossible to follow my lectures properly. After a minute or so, the surface pen works normally until I zoom again. This happens…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stuck on "loading document"

Ever since the cumulative update on windows 10, Drawboard has been stuck on the "loading document" screen, refusing to start up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Text box editing

I can no longer edit or drag text boxes on a document, worked fine till a couple of days ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. occasionally when using the keyboard to go to the next page or the previous page the program jumps ahead more than one page.

occasionally when using the keyboard to go to the next page or the previous page the program jumps ahead more than one page.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Microsoft Pen writing now lags sometimes (was perfect before!)

Drawboard Pdf with my Microsoft pen on my Surface Pro 4 used to work perfectly. Now in the past month (since an upgrade?), there are times when the writing lags behind the pen, it freezes out for a second or two which is frustrating when taking notes at speed. This never used to happen, not once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Entering text into text fields saving as illegible cursive

Using 5.15.0 I recently bought the application for my friend to use in school, and today when they tried entering text into the field present on a PDF, it saved in a very difficult to read cursive style font. Using the same exact file on my laptop, I am able to enter text with no issue. After saving their file and then opening it on my device, I can enter text properly whereas the text they entered still shows up in the illegible cursive style

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Slow loading

a few days ago my drawboard all of a sudden started to be very slow, so whenever i zoom in on a document it takes about 10 seconds to load, during that time it is not possible to write anything with the surface pen..
    it's not a pen problem since it works on other aplications
    it is extremly annoying and inconvienient since it's almost impossible to take notes during lecture like that..
    does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    PLEASE HELP!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have to repeat shortcuts several times before they work

Thanks for a great app overall! One annoyance that I have is that I need to repeat every shortcut several times before they work -- and it's not consistent how many. For example, if I draw something in a document and then click Ctrl+z, I often have to click 3 times for it to work. Sometimes it works right away. Other times I need to click twice. It happens with other shortcuts as well (Ctrl+F for search, Ctrl+S for save are the ones I use the most) and the inconsistency drives me nuts! If I just had to click twice…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Annotation icon is smaller than usual an cannot be enlarged.

Since Drawboard PDF received an update on 10/28/2019, the icons of newly added annotations are smaller than usual and cannot be enlarged.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unable to highlight or underline text anywhere in the document

I am unable to use highlight, underline, strikethrough, etc. (basically all of the functionalities of that tool are gone) anywhere in the document or only occasionally :/

Other functions seem to be fine. I've tried with both stylus and mouse. Nuffin'! :(

Currently I am trying to use this tool on page 95 of this PDF
    I've found that it seems to work on page 107, for some reason

Please help!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?