Bugs

We take the stability of our software very seriously. Please first search for your issue to add support. Then, if it doesn’t exist yet, add the issue you have encountered including a step-by-step walkthrough on how to reproduce it so that we can fix it as soon as possible.

INFO we need information from you to proceed with this issue
BUG we have identified this issue as a bug
QA the issue is being verified by our QA team
STARTED we have started to fix your issue
COMPLETED we have completed your issue
DECLINED sorry, we are unable to fix your issue
  1. Crash Issues

App constantly crashing, was a great app I use everyday but if there is no answers I will be seeking an alternate app. Whatever updates were done last time has ruined what was an asset to my business, very disappointing.
    We have checked for updates, and trialed various solutions but crashed over multiple machines and users

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. program locks up

I am running 5.18.0.0 Pro version on Windows 10 PCs. After annotating a large file for several minutes and doing successful saves, all of a sudden it will start locking up. It looks like it is trying to save on its own while I am annotating something. The spinny symbol appears in the thumbnail on the left and i can't do anything to unlock it. Windows Task Manager shows I have plenty of memory available. Only solution is to kill the program and reopen. The file I was working on will still be open but this causes a loss of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Annoying scrollbar hiding causing accidental page jump

When use a stylus pen around right marginal zone, the scrollbar is abruptly coming up and causing page jump.....

Would you make option that a user who don't want this can disable scrollbar feature? since touch screen feature can be used for scrolling instead,,, so that the scrollbar is not nessary for some user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drawboard PDF pen is extremely laggy compared to other pdf annotion apps.

On the Surface Book 2 i7 w/ GPU with the latest surface pen, the pen lags behind making handwriting untidy and very straining for long amounts of annotating.

Compared to other document and PDF annotation apps such as Adobe acrobat, OneNote, Word etc. , lag is not present making writing alot easier and less straining.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Writing becomes jittering after annotating a lot

The writing experience is excellent when I first open a pdf file, however, after I annotate for more than 500 words, the writing becomes jittering and shaking for no reason. I have to recreate another pdf file for annotation. Please fix this bug in the next update! thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Long pressing left/right or page up/down key behavior

Long pressing those keys described in the title does not provide big jump between pages (only move on page forward/backward) when the transition animations are disabled.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. drawboard doesn't remember the last document I opened

When starting Drawboard PDF (by starting the app itself not by double-clicking on a pdf) it always shows the first pdf in the list of pdf-documents, not the one I had opened the most recent.
    This used to work, but doesn't anymore.

I am working on a Surface Pro 4 on Windows 10 (all updates installed)

(I have 63 documents open in drawboard pdf)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cannot Delete/Edit/Modify an UNFLATTENED image inserted into drawboard.

I inserted an image into my pdf without flattening it. I cannot access any tools with can modify the image, from pan-select to box/lasso-select. The image became completely unresponsive as soon as I let go of the transformation tools. It won't even undo past the point at which I inserted this image. This is ridiculous.

I have used suggestions from this link but it has not helped.

https://drawboard.uservoice.com/forums/259661-bugs/suggestions/13327989-unable-to-move-or-resize-picture

Image 1: the problem. An image I inserted cannot be removed by any feasible means. It cannot be undone or selected.

Image 2: I tried using the suggestion from that thread, but…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyboard Shortcuts Still Not Working (2019)

Still can't Control + C and Control + F properly ... This app is really good looking but this lack of functionally working shortcuts is kind of mind-boggling.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. needs internet conection??

My drawboard was paid by my company to draw on our construction plans on the construction site.
    When I'm offline, the app requires an internet connection.
    Of course there is no internet at the construction site!
    Im using Version: 5.8.140.0
    The App is useless in this way.
    How can i solve this problem?

thanks

Dave

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Advanced Tools Drawer not available!

Dear,

I have been using Drawboard PDF for quite a while now and I'm very enthusiastic about it, recently have bought the PRO version..

However, I have updated Drawboard PDF to the latest version but still can't use the Advanced Tools Drawer.. It is simply not available and only the radial menu can be used..

Any suggestions on how to get this right?!

Kind regards,
    Geert

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cannot Save

When working on a recently opened file, the save button is grayed out. In order to be able to save a file that I'm working on, I need to close Drawboard PDF, then reopen it.

I'm running version 5.8.80.0

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rendering problem: Dashes are rendered incorrectly (too finely instead of coarse)

I have a pdf made in LaTeX that contains figures with coarsely dashed lines. Drawboard PDF is the only PDF renderer I could find that renders them dashed very finely (very short dashes), the lines look almost solid from a distance.

The lines also render a bit differently based on the distance/zoom level.

You should look into this.

I have attached screenshots and an example page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. removed annotations are not deleted in annotation list

If I try to remove highlight annotation by the highlight removal tool, the annotation is hide in the text but is not deleted in the annotation list. That is really annoying because I want to import my annotations in a mind mapping tool, but not my old annotations I have already deleted some days ago. Why Drawboard is saving my deleted annotations in the background? This makes a really great PDF tool pretty useless to me. Only if I use the option "delete all annotations", the annotation list will be deleted.

I hope you can help me, because I really…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I can print duplex with Acrobat Reader, but not with Drawboard; can select duplex but only manual.

I can ask for duplex, and one of the offered choices is "long side, automatic," but trying to select that only yields "long side manual."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. COMMENT BOX: no scroll

If I take notes with comment box there is no scroll. I mean if I write a lot I cannot see what I am typing because there is no scroll bar and the text is written below the visible section of the comment box. How can I enable scroll again?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stift stockt beim schreiben

Beim Arbeiten mit dem Stift setztdie Linie immer wieder ab. Es kommt so zu ständigen Unterbrüchen. Das macht die ganze App undbrauchbar.
    Das Problem kam erst nach einem Update. Ich habe jetzt mehrere Updates abgewartet in der Hoffnung das das Problem behoben wird. Dies war leider nicht der Fall.
    In allen anderen Programmen funktioniert der Stift problemlos. Es muss also an Drawboard liegen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. freeze

For a few days I bought the pro Version and now every 10 minutes drawboard Freeze and i cant do anything. after I open drawboard new, the half of My notice isnt saved. It sucks. and pay for it every motnh that it doesnt work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy text will have extra text.

When I copy a word, for example "scatters", the text in my clipboard is scatters -- Mode: Word, Gran:Word, #Child: 1, CL: (475.0164976, 460.208552165625) => (502.9954525, 460.208552165625).This bug is not showed in previous version .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Pen writing now lags sometimes (was perfect before!)

Drawboard Pdf with my Microsoft pen on my Surface Pro 4 used to work perfectly. Now in the past month (since an upgrade?), there are times when the writing lags behind the pen, it freezes out for a second or two which is frustrating when taking notes at speed. This never used to happen, not once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base