Bugs

We take the stability of our software very seriously. Please first search for your issue to add support. Then, if it doesn’t exist yet, add the issue you have encountered including a step-by-step walkthrough on how to reproduce it so that we can fix it as soon as possible.

INFO we need information from you to proceed with this issue
BUG we have identified this issue as a bug
QA the issue is being verified by our QA team
STARTED we have started to fix your issue
COMPLETED we have completed your issue
DECLINED sorry, we are unable to fix your issue
  1. Drawboard does no longer open pdf files, nor can I easily save pdf files.

I am using drawboard since months without problems. However, since about 2 weeks I can no longer open pdf files, although Drawboard is my default software for pdf files! The only way I can still use Drawboard is by dragging the pdf file into Drawboard. However, then I can't save files. Sometimes, I can't save them at all !!! Sometimes i need to specify the file location and allow overwrite, and repeat this each time I want to save the same file. Very annoying!! Makes drawboard essentially useless, I am afraid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improper formatting when printing

Printing a PDF to Lexmark 610 laser results in badly formatted output.

The font, font size, kerning are all a mess, resulting in unreadable document. printing the same file from Acrobat works fine.
    (Drawboard on right, acrobat on left in image)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Browse history page forward/backward should be improved

In fact, many people want the Drawboard to have a long-distance page-turning function, we want to read quickly, so when we hold a paper document or a book in real life, we turn quick. for example sometimes I point at the first page of a sentence(just call it point 1), and then go to the next few pages and pinch it (call it point 2), go back to point1, go forward to point 2, again and again, quickly, so that I can associated information

The function of "browsing forward/backward browsing page history" in Drawboard is not convenient enough, it reloads…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Diagrams not Displaying

In many PDFs Diagrams which are included are not showing up. Drawboard only shows a placeholder. (Placeholder is attached as a File). I also placed the correct diagram in the attachments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cannot see page numbers when trying to jump pages

When I try to input the page number on the top-right corner to jump pages, I cannot see the number I type and also delete and backspace not working correctly when typing page numbers.
    This happened for about 3 months for me in several different computers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG: opening drawboard pdf using Virtual desktop will switch to other desktop that have opened app

When using multiple desktop, if I opened an pdf in one desktop and try to open another one in another desktop, it will open that file in the desktop that already have one opened.

It's annoying

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I can't zoom in or zoom out

When open drawboard working long times, I can't zoom in or zoom out to continue working that I close drawboard and reopen for continuing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Entering text into text fields saving as illegible cursive

Using 5.15.0 I recently bought the application for my friend to use in school, and today when they tried entering text into the field present on a PDF, it saved in a very difficult to read cursive style font. Using the same exact file on my laptop, I am able to enter text with no issue. After saving their file and then opening it on my device, I can enter text properly whereas the text they entered still shows up in the illegible cursive style

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't open exported annotations (XFDF file)

After I try to open my exported XFDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, I get the following message: "The file you are attempting to open contains comments or form data that are supposed to be place on . This document cannot be found. It may have been moved, or deleted. Would you like to browse to attempt to locate this document?" Then when I browse to find the file, I can't find it because Adobe only lets me look for pdf files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Straight line gets shifted when unzooming

When drawing straight lines, pressing the second button of my lenovo active pen 2 makes them stick to certain angles, which is convenient to draw horizontal lines. However, when I unzoom from the zone where I draw it, one side of the line gets moved a bit, which makes the whole thing not straight. Moving on the page doesn't trigger the problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Select annotation with touch

Hi,
    I cannot select annotations with touch. No problem with selecting the annotation with the cursor, also highlighting and so on works fine with touch. I enabled the double tap select texts. But this doesn't work, and normally it was possible to select annotations with a single touch, which I found more practical. Can you please help me?
    Kind regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Highlight opacity doesn't transfer to other PDF Readers

I use drawboard to markup PDFs on a Surface Go. I also view and edit these PDFs on my Mac. However, I find that the opacity settings (I like them low; around 30%) for highlights do not transfer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Installed Online version and needed to switch to offline version. Upon revoking online license, the offline version uninstalls itself.

After purchasing, installing, & running online version from Business Store we needed to switch users to offline version. We revoke the online license and the application uninstalls itself (as expected). Then when we install the offline version, when it starts up, it also uninstalls itself. It appears that the act of revoking the online license puts that user on something like a "revoked list". So when the offline version starts, it sees the user is revoked and uninstalls itself. This is purely a guess, but it is how it is behaving. I need to just remove the user from having…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SP4 returned to MS under warranty, replacement doesn't have Drawboard.

Drawboard was pre-installed on my SP4 but the replacement SP4 sent to me by Microsoft did not have it pre-installed. How do I install this? Microsoft Store wants me to pay for it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot scroll horizontally

Going into settings, clicking on "Double page" under "Default page layout" does not enable horizontal scrolling nor disable continuous scrolling. It still looks like single page, continuous. Restarting the app does not change this, either.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Uneditable outlined parts after switching color

If I select drawed text and switch the color to another from time to time some of the parts aren't changed and instead only the outline of them is shown. I'm also not able to erase them anymore. I'm actually not sure how to constantly reproduce. See the screenshot for an example.

Version: 5.14.3.0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Crash when switching to other apps or windows

Drawboard will close and exit without sending any error message or information after switching to other apps (Google Chrome for example). It will not close immediately, but it will silently exit after a while. Also happens when the computer is awakened after sleeping. The version of my Drawboard is 5.14.3.0. The platform is Windows 10 1903. This issue happens very frequently after the update in which the Chinese version was supported and after I updated my os to Windows 10 1903. Similar issue never happens before (I've been using Drawboard for two years).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skips pages when using left/right keys to display next/previous page in single page non-continuous mode

I have been using Drawboard for PDF presentations for the last three years. It has been a fantastic software, but unfortunately it has not been working properly since March 2019. The issue I am referring to occurs all devices that I have tested, either using a keyboard or a presenter remote, and can be replicated as follows: open a document, touch the content area (with a finger) and then use the right (arrow) key to move forward. The software will skip pages, initially 3 then generally 2, but if you move backward several pages with the left key and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base